Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cambreaKer

Question about texture wads

Question

If i use a texture wad in my map, should i put the contents of the texture wad file into my level wad, or should i just let people download the texture wad seperately?

5 answers to this question

Either is acceptable, depending on the WAD and what you're going for with it, just make sure if you do go the requiring textures separately route that you make it abundantly clear for people who might just run the level on its own and not understand why things are messed up.  Personally I like to have textures in the same WAD as levels.

Always include the textures in your own WAD if you are allowed to. Having to download additional files to play a WAD is no fun.

26 minutes ago, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

Either is acceptable, depending on the WAD and what you're going for with it, just make sure if you do go the requiring textures separately route that you make it abundantly clear for people who might just run the level on its own and not understand why things are messed up.  Personally I like to have textures in the same WAD as levels.

I tried copying textures from a texture wad, and now if i try to test my level, an error message shows up saying "r_texturenumforname: sky3 not found"

EDIT: The texture wad i'm using is https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/graphics/d1gfxd2

16 minutes ago, TheMightyHeracross said:

What port are you using? Did you include all of the lumps in the d1gfxd2.wad file, including PNAMES?

I have solved the problem now, i've forgot to copy some lumps to my wad file.