Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marisa the Magician

Bus Slayer - An AI that plays Revenant Bus

When I first saw the wad, I knew what I had to do. I saw the failed attempts by humans, and thought that surely, a machine would be able to pull it off. Besides, it was at a time when I had already dome some other crazy experiments with ZScript already, and I was hungry for more.

Rather than the coding aspect, the parts where I had to test run the whole thing at 1000x speed were truly the hardest.

I'm going to keep hearing those agitated skeletons for the rest of my life. At least it'll drown out the Tim Allen grunts and DSPDIEHI...

3 hours ago, EarthQuake said:

Why?

Very much a 'why not' situation, is it not? It'd be as logical to ask the creator of the revenant bus wad "why". Or "why" does someone watch TV, or play video games?

In this case it's a programming exercise which may have developed Marisa's skills as a programmer, and also entertained them for a few hours; with the added bonus that it may entertain others in the process.

Sorry, I didn't direct my question. I wasn't asking why it was written. I was asking why it was streamed for 24 hours. To prove that it works?

I wonder if the AI will in somepoint be able to complete, let's say the whole of DOOM or DOOM 2? Even more so, without getting hurt at all. :D Nice work!

EDIT: Did the AI get hurt in any point?

2 hours ago, EarthQuake said:

Sorry, I didn't direct my question. I wasn't asking why it was written. I was asking why it was streamed for 24 hours. To prove that it works?

Exactly. I felt that solid proof was needed of it doing its job, in real time.

35 minutes ago, Kristian Nebula said:

I wonder if the AI will in somepoint be able to complete, let's say the whole of DOOM or DOOM 2? Even more so, without getting hurt at all. :D Nice work!

EDIT: Did the AI get hurt in any point?

The AI isn't flawless, so it gets hurt every now and then (21 times in total for the stream). It has code for picking up stimpacks, so it shouldn't die considering just how many there are in each map.

About completing Doom itself, that would require a different AI with pathfinding and handling of goals/objectives (e.g.: what switches to trigger or the order for picking up keys and whatnot. Kinda like how bots in UT's Assault gametype work). Proper UT-style bots that can play the game on their own or fight in deathmatch in a human-like way is something I dream of making someday.

wow.wad would be relatively easy, because there's just one monster to keep track of. Now nuts.wad, that's another kettle of fish!

Now we need Bus slayer slayer bus,a version of revenant bus that basically destoys the A.Is attempt at beating it xD

What about AI playing the Revenant Problem?