Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

On 5/27/2019 at 2:48 AM, TimeOfDeath666 said:

I can't sit at a desk and handle a keyboard/mouse normally anymore

Sorry to hear that, that sucks :/

The universe really doesn't want you to play doom, I guess.

On 5/26/2019 at 7:48 PM, TimeOfDeath666 said:

Sorry, I've decided not to have a DMP this year. I can't sit at a desk and handle a keyboard/mouse normally anymore, so I'd rather not keep a thread updated and compile a megawad etc. I thought about letting someone else organize it this year, but I don't want another scifista incident. Hopefully next year.

I understand completely. Let me simply say this: thank you, TimeofDeath, for your work in the community.

4 hours ago, Ninehills42 said:

I mean... DMP is yours, but i would love to have something like the omegaproject last year, and since there is no DMP this year, It might actually be popular!

There actually is an omegaproject this year, it being here

15 hours ago, Ninehills42 said:

the omegaproject last year, and since there is no DMP this year, It might actually be popular! <my emphasis>

Ow.

I wouldn't say last year's DOP was unpopular. It ended up having 14 maps. Sure, it lost a couple along the way due to Scifista's vanishing act, and itdid have fewer maps than the DMP, but I wouldn't call it unpopular.

But your point is a solid one that, without the DMP, this year's Omega Project stands to get more participation.

Awesome! Take that, universe

43 minutes ago, TimeOfDeath666 said:

loading my biggest maps into doom builder and building nodes only takes a couple seconds now

Are you gonna make your maps 10 times as big now

Make one of those sections where you have to 2shot a cyberdemon ~7 times, but instead of each cyberdemon you have to complete a separate instance of nostril caverns.

3 hours ago, TimeOfDeath666 said:

Anyway, looks like DMP2020 will be happening now, zdoom 2.8.1 compatible with jumping, mark your calendars.

Limit removing please!

Well technically you COULD make a limit removing map, since that's ZDoom compatible.

That's some great news ToD, good to have you back.

I like the idea of ZDoom 2.8.1 as a fixed standard. The one issue I do foresee here is that there isn't really a setting in GZDoomBuilder (or whatever) that does ZDoom but doesn't include any features newer than what was in 2.8.1. Saying that, I think those features are more outside of mapping, so that may be a non-issue. We already had software-supported 3D floors and UDMF by then, IIRC.

6 hours ago, TimeOfDeath666 said:

Well it sucks to be the universe because I started playing doom again. Didn't play at all for 5 months, which is by far the longest break I've had since before registering here. Started using a trackball instead of a mouse and put the keyboard/trackball on a pillow on my lap. My aim/movement isn't as good, but I can now play for long periods of time like this.

That's great to hear that you were able to work out a way to play again. Welcome back!

6 hours ago, TimeOfDeath666 said:

Anyway, looks like DMP2020 will be happening now, zdoom 2.8.1 compatible with jumping, mark your calendars.

Also great news! Will you still have vanilla, limit-removing, and Boom options, in previous DMPs? Would my interpretation be correct that as long as it can run on ZDoom 2.8.1, that it is acceptable?

This is really great news. @TimeOfDeath666, glad you are back!

One can only hope that I will have time. It was pity to miss DMP 2018...

On 5/27/2019 at 4:48 AM, TimeOfDeath666 said:

I thought about letting someone else organize it this year, but I don't want another scifista incident.

It's a shame to admit, but I just did not know it was possible to take the management of the project itself this year.

I don’t understand why I missed it. Pain...

For dmp2020 I'd like to use the original idea for dmp2019 that I posted earlier in this thread: maps must be zdoom (doom in hexen) format, maps must be compatible with zdoom 2.8.1, maps must have some mandatory jumping in them (jumping will not be disabled in mapinfo), new music/textures/flats/sprites/decorate will be allowed.

GoS, yeah I hope to make some really big maps now with the new computer, but because my aiming and movement is worse with the trackball instead of the mouse, my new maps will be less hardcore and new demos will be slower.

On 10/13/2019 at 8:11 PM, TimeOfDeath666 said:

For dmp2020 I'd like to use the original idea for dmp2019 that I posted earlier in this thread: maps must be zdoom (doom in hexen) format, maps must be compatible with zdoom 2.8.1, maps must have some mandatory jumping in them (jumping will not be disabled in mapinfo), new music/textures/flats/sprites/decorate will be allowed.

GoS, yeah I hope to make some really big maps now with the new computer, but because my aiming and movement is worse with the trackball instead of the mouse, my new maps will be less hardcore and new demos will be slower.

1. How many maps can create?

2. Need think about coopplay too?

On 10/13/2019 at 8:11 PM, TimeOfDeath666 said:

Is this setting ok? What different between hexen and UDMF?

Anmerkung 2019-10-31 230357.jpg

What editor is that? The configuration looks right (zdoom/doom2/hexen format). I haven't used udmf before so I'm not sure what the differences are. Hexen format is sort of like boom format but with extra zdoom things, thing tags/actions, acs scripting etc.

11 hours ago, TimeOfDeath666 said:

What editor is that? The configuration looks right (zdoom/doom2/hexen format). I haven't used udmf before so I'm not sure what the differences are. Hexen format is sort of like boom format but with extra zdoom things, thing tags/actions, acs scripting etc.

This is GZDoom builder. With this edit you can create interesting effect

Huh, I never thought about something like the last bit! I'd just use an ACS script for anything that does more than one thing at once. But this could be a fun fast method for simple but novel stuff like this.

(I gotta say though, I hate it when the dormant flag gets used in this way, on easily visible and shootable enemies. Feels super awkward)

Yeah I also like how it highlights in the editor what each barrel does when you move the mouse over it, instead of having to scroll through text in scripts to see what something does.