• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kek

I need help with custom weapons

Question

2 answers to this question

I see two problems.

First of all, your DECORATE references a sprite called "MCGN" which does not exist in the wad. The wiki states that there must be a valid sprite used in the Ready state in order for it to be obtained, thus you cannot receive the item.

Second, weapon sprites need to follow the sprite naming convention when used in DECORATE. You reference "AFFI" frames A and B, but the engine cannot find those sprites because they are named "AFIDLE" and "AFFIRE", which are not valid sprite names. Instead they should be named "AFFIA0", "AFFIB0", and so on. The first 4 letters is the sprite name, the next letter is the frame (A-Z), and the zero at the end indicates the rotation, which is not applicable for weapons, so it must be 0 here.

23 hours ago, EarthQuake said:

I see two problems.

First of all, your DECORATE references a sprite called "MCGN" which does not exist in the wad. The wiki states that there must be a valid sprite used in the Ready state in order for it to be obtained, thus you cannot receive the item.

Second, weapon sprites need to follow the sprite naming convention when used in DECORATE. You reference "AFFI" frames A and B, but the engine cannot find those sprites because they are named "AFIDLE" and "AFFIRE", which are not valid sprite names. Instead they should be named "AFFIA0", "AFFIB0", and so on. The first 4 letters is the sprite name, the next letter is the frame (A-Z), and the zero at the end indicates the rotation, which is not applicable for weapons, so it must be 0 here.

Ah, I see. It was... late at night when I tried this. When I went back and looked at the wad, I did notice the MCGN issue and corrected it.