Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

The Griddler

Never in my life have I known of anyone that is as elusive as The Griddler. The Griddler is so elusive that many individuals strongly believe that he never even existed, to begin with. The following information best explains what you need to know about this mysterious character from McDonaldland.

Griddler – A short-lived McDonaldland character in 2003-2006 to promote the McGriddles by stealing them from Ronald and his friends. Source: https://mcdonalds.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_McDonald's_characters

McDonald has introduced so many mascots over the decades that the list of gradually forgotten ones could fill several articles — Captain Crook, who loved Fish Filet sandwiches; Fry Kids, who looked like cheerleader pom-poms come to life by a devil’s curse; CosMc, an alien who traded intergalactic weapons for McDonald’s food; Uncle O’Grimacey, Grimace’s green Irish uncle who showed up to sell McShakes and embarrassing stereotypes.

But perhaps the most forgotten McDonald’s mascot is The Griddler, who — like a Hamburglar who woke up earlier — stole McGriddles. The only problem was, no visual evidence of the character exists anywhere on the internet. Not even the McDonald’s wiki has an image. And so we are left to wonder, was he like a Riddler smeared in syrup? Did he secretly steal McGriddles or take them at gunpoint? Or was he just the figment of some feverish kid’s imagination? The world may never know. Source: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/articles/5-forgotten-fast-food-mascots

Now, I have good reason to believe that The Griddler actually does exist. A handful of uncorroborated postings scattered about the internet claim that The Griddler has a giant McGriddle for a head (I guess that makes him a cannibal), and that he appeared in two separate commercials. I have contacted McDonald's customer service inquiring about the matter, but as expected, they were of no help. I figure that eventually, video/photographic evidence of The Griddler will find its way online, and when that happens, it will be a spectacular moment in time for the McDonaldland community. But until that happens, The Griddler will continue to be surrounded by mystery. 

This reminds me of that Homestar Runner episode where Strong Bad uses the expression, "lost as four armed Grimace," and in the DVD commentary he adds that he has a journal for it like the one Indiana Jones' father used in his search for the Holy Grail.

I wonder if anyone on Twitter will inform @StrongBadActual that there's now something loster.

I recall Cosmic and the Fry Kids. Like Sonic, McDonalds realized it had too many characters so Grimmis ate them. Not a joke. Literal lore. You can look it up.

full.jpg

As for the Griddler... amazing no one can find anything about him. Maybe he just left his calling card. Perhaps a radio commercial.

To add to the cringe worthy name, McGriddles and breakfast are always aimed at adults and not kids. So having a mascot would be counter productive.

What a tantalising little slice of McDonalds™ history! All this thinking has me hungry, maybe we should stop at the drive-thru and get a Big Mac™?

@doomkid Blech, no thanks. I've never tasted a Big Mac before, nor have I ever finished eating a McDonald's burger in its entirety. McDonald's hamburgers are nauseating. 

Lmfao I love that our local fast food mascot/guru hates Big Macs, it’s perfect. They are horrible yet I’ve eaten far too many throughout my life.

I like Quarter Pounders, I like Double Cheeseburgers, and I miss the McDLT, but I have always hated the Big Mac.

I remember the Fry Kids and Early Bird, and I remember when Grimmis was first introduced as a monster that came down from the hills to steal milk shakes and put them in his many pockets, but I don't specifically remember him having 4 arms, which doesn't mean that he didn't.  I also remember Mayor McCheese and a policeman character named Big Mack, and I also remember Mack Tonite.

Aha!  I see what happened.  When I was a kid, I confused those lower arms that always stayed against his belly for pockets.

I said it once and I'll say it again. The burgers are better at hungry jacks.

@Doomkid get yourself a grill master burger. They are one of my favourite burgers despite how many awesome burgers available in Melbourne.

4 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

No mention of Mayor McCheese or Officer Big Mac, or hell, Mac Tonight?

Son, I am disappoint. 

On 1/22/2019 at 11:36 AM, Empyre said:

I remember the Fry Kids and Early Bird, and I remember when Grimmis was first introduced as a monster that came down from the hills to steal milk shakes and put them in his many pockets, but I don't specifically remember him having 4 arms, which doesn't mean that he didn't.  I also remember Mayor McCheese and a policeman character named Big Mack, and I also remember Mack Tonite.

Mandela comes a knocking or McDonald's is engaging in pysops to sell us more McDonald's once lockdown is lifted. 5G happy meals

Someone saw this thread and contacted me asking if there was any new information on the elusive entity. Unfortunately, no new information has surfaced, but the individual told me they were working on a documentary called 'The Search for The Griddler'. That sounds like it could make for an extremely fascinating documentary, and one I'd be more than happy to contribute to in any way.

Edited by [McD]James

14 hours ago, roadworx said:

wtf is a mcgriddle

A nasty ass breakfast "sandwich" consisting of "fried" bacon, a "flap" of "scrambled" "eggs", two slices of American "cheese", between two "maple" flavored "griddle" "pancakes". 

I think I could've used more quotation marks, but I think my derision for the "food" "product" comes across.

No, they are just nasty. The maple flavored pancakes taste like they just soaked some dough in syrup and dried it out for use at a later date. It ends up both soggy, and stale, with a hint of maple fart. And really fast food bacon is just always terrible, and even if a chain is using actual eggs, they still always come out nasty.

And maybe they're better now. I had one back when they first came out. Back in 2003 or thereabouts. But fool me once, shame on me and all that.

The only conclusion I have to this topic is that the Griddler realized he looked like a McGriddle. Therefore he stole himself and all pictures of himself from the internet, in a vain attempt to eat them.

Th' End.

On 6/8/2021 at 2:43 PM, [McD]James said:

Someone saw this thread and contacted me asking if there was any new information on the elusive entity.

When I saw this thread yesterday I googled "the griddler mcdonalds" and saw this thread immediately, so you'll probably get more of those.

That's awesome though and I hope to see you in that documentary!

On 6/9/2021 at 4:43 AM, [McD]James said:

Someone saw this thread and contacted me asking if there was any new information on the elusive entity. Unfortunately, no new information has surfaced, but the individual told me they were working on a documentary called 'The Search for The Griddler'. That sounds like it could make for an extremely fascinating documentary, and one I'd be more than happy to contribute to in any way.

I look forward to seeing The Artist Formerly Known as Ajora pop up in a doco about a mysterious fast-food entity. That'd just be so damn beautiful and appropriate to your legacy, mate. ;^)

It makes me sad that grimace doesn't get enough air time I mean that guy's paid his dues it's time for him to shine like a star that he is

12 hours ago, Jello said:

A nasty ass breakfast "sandwich" consisting of "fried" bacon, a "flap" of "scrambled" "eggs", two slices of American "cheese", between two "maple" flavored "griddle" "pancakes". 

I think I could've used more quotation marks, but I think my derision for the "food" "product" comes across.

No, they are just nasty. The maple flavored pancakes taste like they just soaked some dough in syrup and dried it out for use at a later date. It ends up both soggy, and stale, with a hint of maple fart. And really fast food bacon is just always terrible, and even if a chain is using actual eggs, they still always come out nasty.

And maybe they're better now. I had one back when they first came out. Back in 2003 or thereabouts. But fool me once, shame on me and all that.

I've never actually tried a McGriddle, but the Egg McMuffin makes me think I'm eating a damp sponge, so I won't bother.