Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seed

Automap Question

I've been having some fun with Eternity today after not using it for quite a while, but I could never figure something out.

Is it not possible to have level stats displayed on the automap? Item, secrets, and enemies I mean. All I'm ever seeing is the name of the map, my current time, and XYZ coordinates.

E: Found this in the meantime: https://github.com/team-eternity/eternity/issues/243

I guess not.

Edited by seed

In the meantime you can setup Boom-style fullscreen HUD which shows you that.

34 minutes ago, printz said:

In the meantime you can setup Boom-style fullscreen HUD which shows you that.

I know, but I'm not a fan of that HUD :v .

I'll live with it (and a few other things) until it gets implemented.

Sorry for double-posting (and also off-topic), but didn't feel like making another thread just for this.

I've been experimenting with daily builds for several source ports, Eternity included, and I just noticed this topic: 

It's about the missing midiproc.exe from those builds, this was reported back in February 2018 and it's not fixed up to this day (downloaded Eternity-x64-4.00.00-623-g70e6120f.7z from the DRDTeam site).

Edited by seed

7 minutes ago, seed said:

missing midiproc.exe

Yes, you need to grab it from the last stable release.

25 minutes ago, Mordeth said:

Yes, you need to grab it from the last stable release.

Yes, I know, I've read a few posts from that topic.

My point was, when is it going to be added to the daily builds as well. Or is that a "never".

The trouble with midiproc in dev-builds is that Blzut3 compiles the dev-builds with CMake instead of using the manually-constructed Visual Studio projects. As CMake can't handle RPC (as far as I know) properly, this means that midiproc isn't compiled when using CMake, and therefore isn't in the dev-builds.

At some point I want to try fold Chocolate Doom's midiproc in as it should be more CMake-friendly.

I think he should build the MidiRPC Visual Studio project directly, especially given that it's not cross platform. Or is that also too hard, given that it uses IDL and RPC COM mess? 

Another problem would be that its absence kinda renders the x64 builds useless since the .exe only works with the x86 builds.

I just noticed another (unrelated to the thread) bug.

At least in 640x400 the pixels of the weapons behave very strange for a brief second before re-arranging on the screen when the player stops moving. It can be observed on all weapons but it's especially noticeable on the Chaingun. Doesn't seem to happen in other ports.