Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
therektafire

Phoenix Speedmusic Session 9- New year, same slightly annoying announcement times (THEMES)

Hi everyone, its time to get ready for your first PiSS of 2019 :) And you don't have that long to do so as well since I will be hosting it this Saturday and I was really lazy and decided to wait almost until the very last minute to announce it lol. I'm going to be hosting it at a different time however since some people have expressed that it is difficult for them to participate at the current time. I'm tentatively going to say that I will be hosting this session at 11PM CST so if that is a good time for you then great. If not well I dunno what to say since no one has offered to help host a 2nd later session yet :( Hopefully that will change in the future but it is the way it is for now.

The rules are the same for this session as they have been for all previous ones. Here they are::

*You will have 2 hours to write your song + a few minutes to submit it.

*You will get 3 themes to use when writing your song, you can use any number of the themes but You *have* to use at least 1.

*The song must be Boom compatible, so allowed formats are MID, MP3, OGG, MOD, XM, S3M, IT (and any other formats prboom+ might play that i cant think of right now). Tracked formats (.mid/.mod and similar) are preferred over sample ones like mp3 or ogg for size reasons but not required

*When you submit your song make sure you include some basic information like the track name, composition time, daw you used to make the song in, etc. You can submit tracks to either the Discord or on the thread itself, I personally would prefer if you put it in the thread though if possible. Or both places at once, that would be ok too 

link to the official PiSS discord: https://discord.gg/xNnHHGZ

edit: fixed discord link, it wasn't clickable for some reason

Edited by therektafire

Ok its time, here are the 3 themes for this session:

1. only MIDI instruments, samples, etc based on synth instruments not real ones (for example, use "synth bass" or "synth strings" not "slap bass", "overdrive guitar" etc. This applies to drums as well
2. No notes longer than 16th notes
3. Use a lot of arpeggios