Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scorpinax

UDMF Texture Glitch

Question

So recently I started dabbling with UDMF, hoping to get the best of it's new features. But i've run across an odd problem involving either skyboxes or missing textures that i have absolutely no idea about.

Even using my few years of mapping experience no fix that worked prior fixes this. There is an inexplicable 'gap' which seems to be a triangle shape that imbeds itself in this rock, and it won't go away. i checked every linedef and made sure there were no missing textures. The skybox isn't an abnormal height. I removed all the plane alignments in the map. It persists. When i put sectors over it in an attempt to hide it, it not only shows up on top of the new sectors but caused other areas in my map to glitch out.

any Help?

Screenshot_Doom_20190124_164054.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190124_164113.png

Spoiler

i should mention, that the glitched triangular shape doesn't match up with the actual sector shape, which is even more bizarre. as you can see in the editor it's not an issue until i play the map.

000000000.png

Edited by Scorpinax

2 answers to this question

This is a node error, usually caused by vertexes that aren't perfectly aligned on the grid. Check the vertexes near where the error occurs and make sure they're all properly on the grid and not between grid units. Moving any that aren't should fix the issue.

3 minutes ago, Bauul said:

This is a node error, usually caused by vertexes that aren't perfectly aligned on the grid. Check the vertexes near where the error occurs and make sure they're all properly on the grid and not between grid units. Moving any that aren't should fix the issue.

Thank you so much! I was looking for answers everywhere. This is twice you've given the best answer to my questions. I really appreciate it.