bQaJ1jm.jpg

o8dNVfX.jpg

Yuj85oq.jpg

VX26FJc.jpg

Av2Kixf.jpg

pxDyZg8.jpg

HZXy75y.jpg

I2UPJd2.jpg

Here's some screens from a map I've been working on for this: a hellish themed, medium-large sized map that the OTEX pack capitalizes on really well.

You have not asked for, nor received, my permission to redistribute my textures in this. Remove them from your files and ask users to load OTEX separately.

6 hours ago, ukiro said:

You have not asked for, nor received, my permission to redistribute my textures in this. Remove them from your files and ask users to load OTEX separately.

What I released so far is only a teaser for the project, and is not the final product. I don't see the problem here. For the final release, sure, but for the teaser, it's there as-is.

9 minutes ago, IvanDobrovski said:

I don't see the problem here.

I will quote myself from the OTEX thread:

OTEX will at some future point be free for anyone to use however they see fit, except for commercial projects.

But we are not at that point yet: Right now I ask that OTEX assets are not bundled with any levels or other distributed files since it's still a work in progress, and I want to limit the amount of incomplete, old and outdated versions are in circulation. Instead, if you release a project right now that relies on OTEX, ask users to load OTEX alongside your WAD or PK3.

I do however encourage people to create levels using OTEX as much as possible, and I do make exceptions and allow textures to be bundled with projects if I think there is sufficient cause. Eviternity is the prime example, and more are coming.

Additionally: If you download a texture pack, that someone spent YEARS making, with the intention of basing an ambitious megawad project around it, then maybe take a few seconds (SECONDS!) to read the accompanying text file. And don’t be arrogantly dismissive when it’s pointed out that you are violating the wishes of its author.

Remove my textures from your public files.

I like how you assume I'm being arrogantly dismissive just because I simply don't see why you're harshly telling me to remove OTEX from the pk3 I released. Your language really hasn't been friendly, or kind, and I haven't been arrogant to you at all. If I came off that way, I'm sorry, but I do expect an apology from you as well.

I'll release a version without OTEX this weekend. Until then I'll remove the links. I hope that, at the very least, pleases you.

I'm also referring to your comments on the zdoom forums where you were alerted about this a while ago, and reacted not by admitting any error on your part, but instead by saying I should reach out to you.

Thank you for removing the links. Kindly do the same in other places where you have posted public links.

2 hours ago, IvanDobrovski said:

I like how you assume I'm being arrogantly dismissive just because I simply don't see why you're harshly telling me to remove OTEX from the pk3 I released. Your language really hasn't been friendly, or kind, and I haven't been arrogant to you at all. If I came off that way, I'm sorry, but I do expect an apology from you as well.

I'll release a version without OTEX this weekend. Until then I'll remove the links. I hope that, at the very least, pleases you.

It wasn't really harsh, just direct and to the point.  And given that you appeared to have blithely disregarded the well-known conditions for using the resource in question, I don't blame the creator for being a bit curt with you.  You'd already appeared to ignore their wishes once so why wouldn't they escalate to something firmer?

It's not like he's saying you can't use them, he upvoted those screenshots ffs. But yeah if they're not ready to be distributed in full, best to just load it from the current resource instead of dismantling it and risk having outdated or inconsistent assets down the line.

E: The project looks great btw.

15 hours ago, Gideon020 said:

Any new updates on this?

Ivan and I have been busy as of late with other things. But we do still update each other regularly with progress.