Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShortedOutFuse

Backwoods: WIP mod for Doom 2 New version available

Cool!

Now the constructive feedback... 

No death animations? More monsters should have more death animations.

I strongly urge you not to use doom monsters in your mod. It just ... no. It makes it feel like the mod is half-assed.  Obviously Doom monsters do not fit with your mod's art style. I'm referring to the hell knight I saw at 3:08. (at which point I stopped watching the video since seeing the hell knight just ruined the whole experienced for me). You might get away with using lost souls, but, really, I would not use any original monsters.

16 minutes ago, Hellbent said:

Cool!

Now the constructive feedback... 

No death animations? More monsters should have more death animations.

I strongly urge you not to use doom monsters in your mod. It just ... no. It makes it feel like the mod is half-assed.  Obviously Doom monsters do not fit with your mod's art style. I'm referring to the hell knight I saw at 3:08. (at which point I stopped watching the video since seeing the hell knight just ruined the whole experienced for me). You might get away with using lost souls, but, really, I would not use any original monsters.

Thanks!  Yeah, I’m currently in the process of changing that hell knight and the mancubuses later on to something more theme appropriate. 

I love the art style, but the more realistic-looking textures don't mesh well with it.

PRE-ALPHA VERSION 0.000000001 RELEASED!  This is still a very early work in progress but I wanted to get an early version out there before I get swamped with work for the next month or so.  Levels 2 and 3 are a bit rough but I hope you'll enjoy the mod.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dstk2ez03mkmd2q/BackwoodsWIP.zip/file

keep in mind that stuff like the original doom monsters are only temporary, I plan to replace them with custom monsters when I have more time.

the super weapon found in level 3 will not be there in the final game.

Edited by ShortedOutFuse

So all the custom artwork is done by you? I must say, it looks really good, like it is taken straight from an actual adult cartoon from the 90s or something!

I like the cartoony style. Although I noticed that during the bat idle animation, he appears to puncture his own hand with the nails. 

Posted (edited)

New version available.  Still not completely finished but contains five completed levels.  Level six, while for the most part complete, does not contain an exit (there's somewhat of a boss fight than nothing) and is pretty bare bones aesthetically.  The reason I'm putting this out now is because I'm going to be pretty busy with work stuff and won't have much time to work on this so I wanted to put out what I had before going dark for a little while.

changes include many aesthetic improvements to levels four and five and a brand new level six.

anyway enough talk here's the link

http://www.mediafire.com/file/u38bl8716qoqjxp/Backwoods.zip/file

Remember to launch both wad files at the same time!

Edited by ShortedOutFuse