Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Terminus

[GZDoom] Endless Night - Public Alpha released!

3 hours ago, Terminus said:

MAP09 - Imperishable Night

I understand the reference

looks nice the project! :P

looks awesome indeed; a great variety of themes on display in those screenshots. excited for quality GZDoom maps :D

Thank you all for your kind replies :)

I'm currently working on finishing up the detailing of MAP05.

Here's a progress screenshot from today.

g4FYoMH.jpg

A day of progress left for me to finish this map and then work on MAP03 will begin.

DyhDNgrWwAAVnfv.jpg

DyhDNgrXQAIFJQm.jpg

DyhDNgsWwAATZa7.jpg

MAP05 is shaping up fantastically. I'm almost done with it at this point, been busy the past week but progress should be much faster now. :)

Edited by Terminus

unknown.png

MAP05 - Night of Knights is completed. :)

Tomorrow work on MAP03 will begin.

(Sorry for multiple posting, I hope this is allowed in your own thread...)

On lundi 28 janvier 2019 at 7:00 PM, Terminus said:

tDHJMGi.jpg

Colors are kinda clashing here. I'd suggest either using replacing lava with fireblue, or replacing fireblue with lava, to unify the accents. Also that red light should probably use some gray stone upper side texture instead of brown, to make it more visually cohesive with the rest.

On 2/4/2019 at 11:56 PM, Gaia74 said:

have this new monsters?, nice! :P

and second

in only for gzdoom? :P

This wad indeed uses new monsters. All are from R667 and I won't be going too overboard with them.

As for GZDoom only - It should run on Zandronum as well. Won't work on anything below that.

On 2/5/2019 at 3:37 PM, Gez said:

Colors are kinda clashing here. I'd suggest either using replacing lava with fireblue, or replacing fireblue with lava, to unify the accents. Also that red light should probably use some gray stone upper side texture instead of brown, to make it more visually cohesive with the rest.

I'll look into the colors of the lights, but for now I prefer to keep the Fireblu with the lava walls. They're animated as well (would showcase in a gif if I knew how to make gifs, heh) so it looks very pleasing, at least in my opinion.

38 minutes ago, lumbo7332 said:

Does the level design support jumping and crouching, or will that break things?

Jumping and crouching are disabled by default via Mapinfo. Freelook is okay.

--------

Work has begun on MAP03 - Transition.

It's going to be another map where I apply new things I've learned, and by what I have planned for it, it's going to turn out somewhat large.

Here's a heavy WIP screenshot of the most recent room I've made in the map.

Screenshot_Doom_20190208_232545.png.23dc671480b308ecfc257a7c1317e9ab.png

Hello everyone and happy holidays.

As much as I tried to convince myself to finish this mapset over the past couple of years, I realized I'm probably not going to. Not anytime soon, at least.

So as a nice Christmas gift, I've decided to release the four maps that are already completed.

Download here!

(Public Alpha 0.1)

I've let a handful of friends playtest these maps on streams and there should hopefully be no bugs that I don't know of, but I'd love to see some the public's insight and playthroughs! Of course If you do find any oddities, please let me know.

Some notes:

- This will not work on anything other than GZDoom or Zandronum. Even Zandro might crash at Map05. Please don't try to run it on any other source port!

- The map slots used are 01, 02, 04 and 05. I was contemplating whether to add the incomplete Map03 but I decided against it. Beating Map02 will send you straight into Map04, so don't worry.

- Pistol start is recommended.

- Some gameplay mods might not work with this as there are custom enemies included. I haven't playtested this mapset with any gameplay mod and it is not intended to be played with one.

- There's no credit file yet but I will make sure to compile one very soon! A short list of Credits can be seen in the OP.

Am I going to complete this map set one day? Who knows. But for now, enjoy these four maps that I worked on during November of 2018. Playtime of all of them together should be around the one hour mark.

Have fun!