Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Optimus

Your most epic Doom experience today?

Managed to beat Deus Vult.

God damn it I haven't died so much in a map since... forever. MAP03 was intense :v.

When the cyber teleports in the main room in doom 2 map 08.

3 hours ago, Optimus said:

Playing Map14 - Doom District from Hellbound.

Was too fast to talk, the later city maps (15,16,17) from this WAD are even more epic, one is even in top100 most memorable maps.

Getting through the first half of Scythe on HMP.

If you didn't notice, i'm not very good at Doom :P

12 minutes ago, -TDRR- said:

Getting through the first half of Scythe on HMP.

If you didn't notice, i'm not very good at Doom :P

Scythe is the entry hallway to the rabbit hole, bro.

My most epic experience EVER was The Eye map from mouldy. Played on UV, as always without freelook, jumping etc. It took me 4-5 hours (few short breaks included) and hundreds of saves/loads to beat whole map with all kills! But the end of level almost made me to give up. I was so near insanity... When i managed to beat it, i was happy as never.

1:

Fighting This Guyasa.png.c258816548898e1cbfe00e3a5dfc04da.png

i know is created by me, but is very funny and epic for me fight this guy

2:

when i see the level 24 in Ancient Aliens

3:

When i won my first game of zdoomwars :3

Just got done with map 9 of Doom 2: NRFTL and let the Spider Mastermind kill all the enemies in the room and then it's dumbass self got stuck on the corner of a wall and was unable to attack me so I got in close and killed it with the chainsaw. 

Beat TNT: Revilution. Map30 was definitely one of the most impressive final levels I've seen, with the gun turret replacements and the holographic Icon of Sin.

Wasn't today, but one of my most epic Doom experiences was Map29 of Plutonia 2 (Ticket to Eternity). One of my favorite maps of all time. I like the spiral staircase and the "fall through hell" afterward.

I tested two upcoming maps for the 1000 Lines community project. I feel confident it's going to turn into a rather neat little megawad!

If I'm allowed to include yesterday, I got my head around the Monster Cast Roll section of the Mapinfo lump, and created a roll for Eviternity RC2. It was very satisfying to see the new enemies do their thing up on stage!