Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Barefootstallion

Tidus Titan Triumverate

On 4/5/2019 at 8:27 AM, Barefootstallion said:

Horde mode?  What is this?  I must know!

The basic premise of a horde mode is that you start off with a limited amount of weapons/ammo and you're pitted against waves of monsters. Each wave you kill gets you resources you can spend on more weapons/ammo before the next wave comes in. It's kind of like Grinder in Defense Grid.

As to whether I can do this, I don't see any reason I couldn't write it. It probably wouldn't be the main mode for the mapset, but it might be a fun extra.

So with ACS you could just trigger an action and then Delay() for a number of Tics. So, in ZScript, this is done via Tick()? I'll look into how this function is used. I'm sure this'llbe helpful!

Thanks @Mere_Duke!

8 hours ago, Daryn said:

So with ACS you could just trigger an action and then Delay() for a number of Tics. So, in ZScript, this is done via Tick()? I'll look into how this function is used. I'm sure this'llbe helpful!

Thanks @Mere_Duke!

I'm not sure there is no other way, but see how it could work:

1) Create a counter (int c).

2) Override Tick(). This func procs every tic; in other words, 35 times a second.

3) In Tick(), increment counter: c++.

4) In desired function (where you need to set delay), write code like that:

do
{
}
while (c / 35 < DelayValue);

... where DelayValue is the amount of seconds to pause.

(It's basically a loop that ends once counter reaches the desired value (in tics). After that the execution passes to the next operator.)

I hope I gave you the understanding of the idea. If you need more help, I can try and help.

Edited by Mere_Duke

I think I understand the idea here. I'll write some test scripts and play with this to get my head around it more.

Again, many thanks!

yes , for horde mode I mean a gameplay where you face wave of enemies and once completed a wave you can organize the power up you received.

similar to the one found in gears of war or the stronghold mapset.

i think about this just as a side gameplay mod in addendum to the single player campagin.