Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ILOVEDOOM!

DB2(DOOM BUILDER 2) QUESTION

unless you're working with mods (edit: or zdoom apparently), you unfortunately cant place one because the pistol doesn't actually exist as a weapon you can pick up, it's just the starting weapon for the player

you can place clips though, if you only wanted to place a pistol for ammo purposes

if you are working with mods, i cannot help you for i am inept

Edited by bonnie : zdoom has a placeable pistol i guess

Normally you can't or don't need to, as you always have the pistol anyway. To make it appear as a placeable thing you need to assign it an editor number or DoomEd number. You may also need to add missing states such as Spawn.

Seems you work with zdoom/gzdoom udmf, those formats allows to place pistol on the map. Not sure if it's worth, because player will be pistol anyway. 

He would make you to have BFG in the beginning, and near the end you will find the great Pistol for last boss fight. :)

If serious, starting with fists and having berserk near, then finding pistol in next room for example would be not bad idea.

With DeHacked you can make the player start with 0 bullets, so you can make some interesting situations and puzzles.