Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alexo

Doom GBA can re-loop Forever

Doom GBA Man back again to share more bizarre stuff with you folks!

The 23rd level is the final level in the game. Level 24 is the secret level internally in the games memory. I just discovered if you input the 'advance 1 level' code on the 23rd level, you can play the secret level, and return to level 4... creating a never ending loop in the game.

This eliminates returning to the menu or watching the credits.

The new category is being dubbed 'Infinity', as the description implies, the game can go for as long as the runner is willing to lap the game over. Truly an endurance mode category, I'm looking forward to nightmare (UV) attempts with this over the weekend.

My current best is 10 Laps any%, 212 Levels in a row, with 0 Deaths! Just under 2 Hours!

There are 23 Levels in the initial Lap.

21 Levels in each subsequent lap.

(Level 1, 2, and 3 are never played again, but the secret level is included to become 21 levels).

Doing some math, and considering average lap times:

5 Laps in 1 hour

24 Hours = 2,543 levels

you can take 2,543 × X = Y

X = Days

Y= Levels

It would take 24 Hours to complete the Game over 100 times.

It would take 9 days to complete the Game over 1000 times.

It would take 394 days of continuous play to complete 1,000,000 levels with my current average.
That would be 41,748 Laps.

It would be amazing to see a Bot/AI created to play this! Still finding stuff, this game still amazes me all the time!

I will try for 100 Laps someday. :)

I haven't looked into Doom AI but I wonder how easy it will be for a bot to handle the game? There seems to be some random motion in some of the enemies especially when you see pinkies run into a wall. Unless the bot can determine the random number generator it might make it an interesting challenge.

4 hours ago, Immorpher said:

I haven't looked into Doom AI but I wonder how easy it will be for a bot to handle the game? There seems to be some random motion in some of the enemies especially when you see pinkies run into a wall. Unless the bot can determine the random number generator it might make it an interesting challenge.

Well, why not there literally is an android bot app that can play Wolfenstein 3D, called Autowolf so it could be possable to make a bot that can play Doom.