Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

store your gameing stuff!!

this problem has been getting bad. most downloads come with a 404 or other error message. mainly because many FTP sites have undergone changes or ownership. this is bad, because all our beloved files, maps and mods will be lost. though doom maps are found every where i have had extream difficulty in finding and downloading maps for quake, UT, and patches for other games. many have been snatched by gamespy who has not put a price on the freeworld. to download most anything off gamespy either needs a wait or a payment. yes i know that bandwith does cost money, but that is Bullshit! why should we have to pay to download freeware files? it has become more difficult to find game related sites that have a good supply of maps and file for that game. i only hope doom3 does not suffer from this bullshit

Yay. Well, play DOOM then. The idgames Archive is quite healthy!

Yes, yes, we've heard all the anti-FilePlanet arguements, and we've heard all the counterarguements. It's old. If you can't be bothered to have your computer wait in a queue for a reliable download, go p2p or something.

No offense Seph, but this is an old flamewar that's already been done.

[EDIT] Heh, I was gonna trash this thing, and then I notcied, this is in General, not R&R. Silly me. ;P

You just can never reliably save anything online. that's all.
If you know you'll be patching Quake in 2012, then I suggest you savew that patch now.
the internet has always been NOW entertainment... once a reasonable amount of time passes, things always change.