Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plyte

Doom Books

The demons are aliens? NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! Why must people who make any medium based on games completely fuck over the plot? I happen to think that fighting HELL SPAWNED DEMONS with SHOTGUNS and ROCKET LAUNCHERS is one of the best ideas ever devised maybe the guy who wrote it was a Mormon and couldn’t handle the idea of hell invading. Resign #2 why I'm afraid the doom movie will suck. (the first being the PG rating)

I think the first one was good. I do want to get the rest of the books for the simple fact that they are doom books and it has something to do with doom. So in closing read them and buy them at your own risk. I only read and brought the first one and like I said I am just looking for the other ones just because they are doom books and I collect doom stuff. BigBadgansta lighten up !

scorpion said:

Come on, nothing to be read can be THAT bad!

You don't think so? Well, I happened to read an extract from one of these novels and I began to feel all nauseated.
Ok, you got me there, I exaggerated a little ;-)

The demons are aliens? NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! Why must people who make any medium based on games completely fuck over the plot? I happen to think that fighting HELL SPAWNED DEMONS with SHOTGUNS and ROCKET LAUNCHERS is one of the best ideas ever devised maybe the guy who wrote it was a Mormon and couldn’t handle the idea of hell invading. Resign #2 why I'm afraid the doom movie will suck. (the first being the PG rating)

Yay, another guy who has seen the light! Btw, someone once said (dunno if it was a joke or in all seriousness) that the writers of the novels WERE mormons, so that could be the reason for them humpin' up the Doom plot like that.

Hey would build the gates aliens or demons and that will tell you what they are. Because why didn't they just go straight for earth.

skinpack said:

In my opinion, the first book was slightly on track. A lot of the writing I found to be fairly arbitrary though--what, with the author trying to justify all of the game's illogical details and all.

Still, they're still worth a look if given the opportunity. I believe they are out of print now.

illigival details?? WHAT ILLOGICAL DETAILS???? We all know DOOM´s history is the BEST ever seen in videogame history!! :)

in my opinion, games should just stay in the games list.... no books, no movies... tombraider, final fantasy... they should have just stayed as games. the movies, i thought, were bad. and if they wrote books, they would, i think, be bad too.

maybe games based off books or movies... thats a different thing.

jeremy pfc said:

in my opinion, games should just stay in the games list.... no books, no movies... tombraider, final fantasy... they should have just stayed as games. the movies, i thought, were bad. and if they wrote books, they would, i think, be bad too.

I don't know, I hear people say that Resident Evil is a pretty good movie...

jeremy pfc said:

I didn't like Streetfighter (the movie) but I did like the game "Streetfighter: The Movie"... So maybe you're right after all...!

jeremy pfc said:

No movies... - agreed
No books....I suggest you go to the fan fic forum and browse through some of the stories listed in the index thread.
Basically, everything there is way better than those pathetic novels (this is like...what?..The 666th time I say this?) and I daresay that some of them could make decent books.

But of course, that depends on the game in question...
Most of the games based off books/movies are about as crappy as movies based off of games, so I can't say that I agree here.

dsm said:

Most of the games based off books/movies are about as crappy as movies based off of games, so I can't say that I agree here.

Goldeneye for the N64 is one of the best first person shooters ever. Most of the Star Wars games are good, some of them are great. Yeah, most games based on movies suck horribly, but there are several exceptions.

Let's see... I read 'Knee Deep...' and decided it was 'ok'. Maps were fairly well described, but the whole Demons=Aliens thing annoyed me. The second book started out ok but... argh, it kinda went downhill. Judging from 'Hell on Earth', i'm glad i didn't read the last two books.

ravage said:

Isn't this what happened to Alien, and Aliens? The first 2 were cool, but the last 2 completely veered off the track and into a sewage plant.

Personally, everyone knows Aliens was the best, but I like them all

If you think about it, what is a movie/game novelization than a commercial fanfic?

Of course, who is higher in the geek hierarchy: Hacks who write commercial fanfic, or people who write fanfic for the hell of it? :)

bigbadgangsta said:

The "Newbies" - a "hive" culture (each individual is actually connected mentally or something) that evolves really fast and shit. They eventually infect future humans. Wtf kind of bullshit name is that?

The name's trying to say something about online communities, so I guess.

Fredrik said:
Goldeneye for the N64 is one of the best first person shooters ever. Most of the Star Wars games are good, some of them are great. Yeah, most games based on movies suck horribly, but there are several exceptions.

Don't forget aliens vs. predator and it's sequel, they rocked!
(Though they didn't really stick to any alien or predator movie plots, just cooked up there own. wich was a great idea IMO.)