Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazyflyingdonut

Very, VERY worried about the final product.

18 hours ago, DMPhobos said:

Funny how on a lot of discussions, people still assume Bethesda as the ones making it, despite the 'Id software' logo at the intro of the previous game. It just shows how much Bethesda came to overshadow Id over the years

Or younger people are just ignorant of Id.

People are Ignorant on how games are made, and by a surprising amount for how many hobbyists it attracts.

If it's still being made by more or less the same team as the 2016 game, then I see no reason to worry.

Just look at the 3 Wolfenstein games and Doom: Bethesda doesn't seem to harm id Software and Machine Games. When considering the quality jump from Doom 4 Alpha to Doom 2016 you might even argue the so called 'Bethesda mode's helps them to create better games.

Why start a thread if you have nothing to say, @crazyflyingdonut? Your evidence for Eternal possibly sucking is basically, "The company that owns id, Bethesda, made a game for a completely different franchise that I haven't played, but was reviewed poorly." The two are related by proxy, so what? 

In the third post he clearly shows He didn't know bethesda wasn't developing it. I see no reason to press him.

53 minutes ago, GoatLord said:

Why start a thread if you have nothing to say, @crazyflyingdonut? Your evidence for Eternal possibly sucking is basically, "The company that owns id, Bethesda, made a game for a completely different franchise that I haven't played, but was reviewed poorly." The two are related by proxy, so what? 

Your custom title is my response to what you just said. I wasn't really aware that Bethesda was not involved in Doom Eternal's production. That's all. I'm just dumb, that's all.

1 hour ago, MrGlide said:

In the third post he clearly shows He didn't know bethesda wasn't developing it. I see no reason to press him.

My bad, I should have been more thorough instead of jumping the gun.  

I am worried that Bethesda after tasting the success of Doom 2016 and the disappointment of Fallout 76 might be pushing the ID team to release more games to generate more revenue for the company, a new Doom … a new Rage / a new quake (i.e. Quake Champions sadly doesn’t appear to be doing well) … 3 games all releasing presumably in the same year 2019! No?   I mean I never recall id releasing games in the same year … it was done when it is done …

Except Quake Champions was mainly done by Sabre, Rage 2 is mostly being done by Avalanche studios, and id main team is working on Doom Eternal. So no id isn't releasing 3 games right now, its just that games that where previously id are getting divvied up.

5 hours ago, Ziad EL Zein said:

I am worried that Bethesda after tasting the success of Doom 2016 and the disappointment of Fallout 76 might be pushing the ID team to release more games to generate more revenue for the company

This is Bethesda we’re talking about. I doubt money (or the lack thereof) is a pressing issue at the moment.

EDIT: Even with possible losses(I don’t know the current sales numbers) it couldn’t have cost much to produce anyway considering how much of Fallout 4 they recycled.

18 hours ago, MrGlide said:

inly done by Sabre, Rage 2 is mostly being done by Avalanche studios, and id main team is working on Doom Eternal. So no id isn't releasing 3 games right now, its just that games that where previously id are getting divvied up.

Thanks for the update i thought it was id ... i am sure  i read somewhere that they were heavily involved in Rage 2 ...By the way i am a new member but i have been downloading content from doomworld since inception  such a great community and content! 

Its all good, great to have you here. As for rage 2 I also heard they where working cooperatively with avalanche, my bet is they where helping gun play and feel while avalanche handles other stuff, but that's just speculation. I'v also heard that id had taken over Quake champions development, but seems that they have very minimal staff working on it.

After playing the Catastrophe of a game called "Fallout 76", I no longer know what to expect from Bethesda.

9 hours ago, Ziad EL Zein said:

. i am sure  i read somewhere that they were heavily involved in Rage 2 

It's far more an Avalanche game than an id game. Avalanche are the primary developers and it's running on Avalanche's own engine. id probably have a small team helping out with stuff like the feel of the guns and shooting mechanics, but it's highly unlikely they're much more involved beyond overall strategy discussions. 

When Rage 2 was announced id software were super hot property, and it is an id franchise, so it's no surprise Bethesda heavily played up id's involvement (I know I would have if I were them). But subsequent interviews have indicated it's like 90% an Avalanche game.

Which is no bad thing, I think one studio taking charge is probably better than two (based on the other sides of the world no less) trying to completely co-create it. Avalanche taking the lead (and they proved they can do good open world action games in Mad Max) with guidance on how to make the shooting stuff as good as the driving stuff is exactly the set up I'd hope they had.

Although its core members are gone, id is an old studio with a lot of experience. The original Rage seems to be their only real misfire, yet it was received well enough to warrant a sequel. I dont think there's anything to worry about, though I find it unfortunate that they probably haven't found a solution to SnapMap's limitations.  

I Loved the old rage and played it 3 times with it's expansion pack :  first on Hardcore then on Nightmare then on Ultra nightmare ... it is my second favorite open world next to borderlands to me it was 1000x better than Far cry 3,4 ... & I was hoping id was invovled in this ... but anyways we don't have to wait to see the end result ...it's coming soon ! 

I am personally feeling pretty confident that Id will deliver Doom Eternal in good quality.

As people have pointed out earlier in the thread, the old Id of the Classic Doom's is gone. What I want to point out is that these concerns aren't really new, considering the anxiety a lot of people went through waiting to see if Doom 2016 was any decent. In fact there was a lot of evidence that Doom 2016 could have very well been a dud due to its troubled development life, unappealing and disappointing multiplayer beta's, and the fact that the closest metric of the games quality came from RAGE being Id's latest release.

Quite thankfully Doom 2016 turned out to be almost universally enjoyed, proving to me that bar any major shakeups inside the team or gross mismanagement that Eternal should at the very least meet the bar Doom 2016 put up.

Now we're like 7 months (i think) since we've seen gameplay footage and we got a teaser for the new Doom movie.

I wonder if they're focusing on making the single player bigger and complex, they have yet to work on multiplayer anything besides Invasion.

I still hope they show some news eventually before either E3, Rage 2's release or even another Quakecon.

This game will not be affected by Bethesda's in house development studio, so I think that they will be fine.

Just saying, RAGE 2 is going to be a "live service".... make of that what you will >_>

3 hours ago, Quasar said:

Just saying, RAGE 2 is going to be a "live service".... make of that what you will >_>

If the base game feels like a complete product at release and isn't filled to the brim with microtransactions, then who cares?

6 hours ago, Quasar said:

What the hell does that mean for rage? I thought it was supposed to be a single player game, what the hell needs to be live service about that? After anthem I'm getting pretty annoyed with that term. Not everything is minecraft and will grow forever. That sounds really sketchey to me personally.

15 minutes ago, MrGlide said:

What the hell does that mean for rage? I thought it was supposed to be a single player game, what the hell needs to be live service about that? After anthem I'm getting pretty annoyed with that term. Not everything is minecraft and will grow forever. That sounds really sketchey to me personally.

It is a single-player game. The devs have said that they plan to continually support the game with both free and paid new content, so that's probably what they meant by "live service".

Get worried for Doom 76 that has players playing as enemies.

On 3/18/2019 at 7:34 AM, Quasar said:

Relax 

For one thing, Rage 2 will not have loot boxes. Id Software boss Tim Willits confirmed this to GameStar, adding that the game will have “some fun stuff” that makes this possible.

He even joked about this approach, saying, “We have this novel approach: you buy the game and then you play it.” Willits also promised more details closer to the game’s launch.