Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pritch

What car do you have?

This is about your car, not your parents car, nan's car, or anyone elses car so don't mention it, or for that matter, don't say I don't have one but I want a Maserati etc. If you don't personally have a car just go away, thanks :)

What do you drive and why? Do you like it? I have a 1989 Nissan Bluebird 1.6LX, it's a boring old Jap car but it's reasonably reliable and fuel-efficient (given that I've driven it into just about every conceivable obstacle going).

Speaketh.

I have a 1994 Ford Taurus sation wagon. It used to be my mom's back in the day, but I saved it from becoming a trade-in when she got her new car. So, it's mine now. I pay for pretty much everything that has to do with it. It has no special features in it or anything. The front shakes a lot when I hit 70 and it feels like it's going to fall apart when I hit a pothole. Other than that, it's not bad at all. And It's got good gas mileage.

1990 Chevy Lumina. Kinda beat up, but hey, it gets me where I need to go and stuff. Oh and the gas mileage is nice as well.

2001 Mazda Tribute, since July last year, has a mere 7000 miles on it, 4500 of which are back-and-forth between Utah and Texas. Nice little car, roomy, bigger on the inside than it looks outside (this thing is tiny as far as SUVs go).

I'm getting a 1985 Nissan Cherry 1.5 GL. But I wouldn't mind getting my hands on an 1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass ;)

'87 Toyota Carolla manual trans. It's a junker but it moves.

Isn't it interesting that I have a vehicle but I'm not old enough to drive it by myself? Oh,well :) I got a 1992 Nissan SE V6 pickup. It gets 22 miles to the gallon. The guy that had it before my dad put an amp for the stereo in it.

DOOM Anomaly said:

One word: PowerWheels :D

This is about your car, not your parents car, nan's car, or anyone elses car so don't mention it, or for that matter, don't say I don't have one but I want a Maserati etc. If you don't personally have a car just go away, thanks :)

I will be getting the following cars when I get my license (my dad is going to sign them over to me)

1967 Ford Mustang Fastback
1994 Ford Explorer

Yeah, so suck it!

gatewatcher said:

I have a 1994 Ford Taurus sation wagon. It used to be my mom's back in the day, but I saved it from becoming a trade-in when she got her new car. So, it's mine now. I pay for pretty much everything that has to do with it. It has no special features in it or anything. The front shakes a lot when I hit 70 and it feels like it's going to fall apart when I hit a pothole. Other than that, it's not bad at all. And It's got good gas mileage.

Heh, my family used to have one of those. The internal engine thermometer kept overheating.

bigbadgangsta said:

I will be getting the following cars when I get my license (my dad is going to sign them over to me)

1967 Ford Mustang Fastback
1994 Ford Explorer

Yeah, so suck it!

This is about your car, not your parents car, nan's car, or anyone elses car so don't mention it,

Under the thread rules, is it "your" car if your parents hold the title? My old man is the technical owner of the Trib, tho he's some 1400 miles away from it and plans to sign it over to me as soon as I graduate college. I'm the only one who uses it, I buy all the gas and maintainance for it, and I pay 50% of my auto insurance right now.

93 ford telstar, 5 speed, fully optioned, low profiles, ROH mags, sports exhaust. And yes i'm proud.

IMJack said:

Under the thread rules, is it "your" car if your parents hold the title? My old man is the technical owner of the Trib, tho he's some 1400 miles away from it and plans to sign it over to me as soon as I graduate college. I'm the only one who uses it, I buy all the gas and maintainance for it, and I pay 50% of my auto insurance right now.

not your parents car,

I have power everything in my Bluebird, but it's all in a retro 80s kind of way.

Ling have you got sat nav in that Lexus of yours, you rich little git? :)

Oh yeah, my windshield wipers don't go down either. I do have power windows, but only the front ones work, the back ones don't.

I have a Rover 400 (or is it a 416?) dunno, it gets me around anyway. I also have a hardtailed CB400 (motorbike) which is off the road atm but is FUN to ride around town even if everyone laughs at it. Of course, i'd trade them both in for an X-Wing given the choice :)

I gotta Honda Prelude 2.2V-TEC, nice 'n' nippy for long journeys. It's a '92 but low miles in good nick with a stainless exhaust, K&N etc.:)
Leather seats Ling...mmm nice.

I have a V6 1995 Ford Contour. I love it. Power everything. Beats the fucking K car I was driving this time last year. :)

1989 KB Ford Laser.

Heh. No Power Steering, No Power Windows, No Power at all...damm I love it :D

Getting a new stereo though, cause this one is stuffed.

Do I like it? Of Course. It's my first car, had it about a month now, still gotta get my licence. I love this car. It has quite a lot of power for a small car, everything that was broken or not working got repaired by the car dealer, and I HAVE A CAR!

So, yeah I love it. Now to get me some 6x9's, a decent amp and a nice sub, and i'll be set :D

Ummm let's see...

BMW 316i
Toyota MR2
Audi 80
Land Rover Discovery V8
Ford Capri (1973 Facelift model)

All the above are fairly old. Newest one would be about 5 years (Audi).

The most cars I have owned at one time = 7 (2 x VW Beetle, The above Capri, Ford XR3i, Astra Estate, Cavalier, Capri 2.0S)

Lowest number of cars I have owned in the last 15 years = 3.

Strangest car I have owned = Reliant Kitten - a four wheeled version of the infamous plastic 3 wheeler Reliant Robin. Bought it for a laugh, on impulse for £50. Gave it away to a guy in exchange for doing some work on the house.

I seem to buy cars, and simply forget to get rid of them.

Currently applying for my Bike licence and training so I can start collecting them too. :-)