Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Immorpher

Amid Evil: Arcane Expanse Update

Yes I am an Amid Evil shill, and even worse, I am not even a paid shill. But I thought I would post this update as (from what I hear) Amid Evil is now only 1 episode away from being completed, and there are about 24 levels to play at the moment. As a Quake and Heretic fan, I have been really enjoying it.

I should probably get around to playing the episode they released before this. I started on it, then realized they had made some pretty significant updates to the game and combat in general, so I figured I'd replay all the episodes. Then I got distracted by other things when I hit episode 3. But it is coming along quite nicely.

Nice to know it's one episode away from completion. I've been trying to hold off until the entire thing is finished, so it sounds like that time is near.

In the meantime, I need to get back to starting Dusk.. which I still haven't done yet. So many games to play, so little time..

2 hours ago, amackert said:

In the meantime, I need to get back to starting Dusk.. which I still haven't done yet.

Yes, yes you do. Fantastic game. I do kind of regret playing through the first two episodes so many times before the third one was released; but I had quite a bit of fun doing it. The third episode is just fantastic, they really stepped up their game with it. So now they need to go back and spruce up the first two. Which playing through them again, they kind of did. Fixed some things here and there, but the level design in the third episode really shines.

I do remember hearing him say that he got better with level design as the episodes progressed. Either that or someone commented that before for Dusk. I guess it makes a nice progression!