Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xaser

Back to Saturn X Episode 3 [WIP]: 5 MAP PREVIEW BUILD ON PAGE 11

32 minutes ago, esselfortium said:

Mordeth release schedule as well!

Oh, girl! You should know that this kind of jokes are not meant to be done.
I almost have a heart attack!

:P

33 minutes ago, SilverMiner said:

What about "savegame buffer overrun"s?

25 minutes ago, esselfortium said:

BTSX ignores those much like parts of Alien Vendetta and a lot of other vanilla wads. It's unfortunately not very avoidable without just making smaller maps with low monster counts, so the BTSX true-vanilla exe experience is saveless, unless you're using a patched exe that fixes the save limit.

Back to Ironman X :P

2 hours ago, P41R47 said:

Mordeth vibes!

Some projects, such as Mordeth and Doom Millennium carry their belts of infamy. But they aren't deth yet, oh no.

For what it is worth, Mordeth's development history (Which is still readily available here and here) is a very interesting one.

And in general, there are some gems buried in the historic sand of the Doom community that absolutely are worth doing a Jurassic Park on. Atleast these dino's won't attempt to eat you :)

12 minutes ago, TheHit_61x said:

Those new screenshots are awsome!!

@esselfortium How many textures are unique to the BTSX series? 

I dunno if it's really a meaningful number since a lot of them are just basic variations on each other, but there are upward of 6000 in there, plus the flats.

1 minute ago, esselfortium said:

I dunno if it's really a meaningful number since a lot of them are just basic variations on each other, but there are upward of 6000 in there, plus the flats.

Aim for the top. Add 3000 more!

Now that we have 2 Back To Saturn X's, and another on its way, will the team start creating the prequel series Saturn X? (LoL)

1 hour ago, esselfortium said:

It's called Front From Jupiter W and will never be released to the public.

I'm glad it doesn't. I am more looking forward to Rear From Venus Z anyway, including its Turn Left At Mercury Shaft DLC.

1 hour ago, esselfortium said:

It's called Front From Jupiter W and will never be released to the public.

Shall I not speak of the sequel, "Deep Inside Uranus Y" then?

Or was I not supposed to mention that? Whoops.

18 hours ago, E.M. said:

Those floor textures remind me of Perdition's Gate for some reason.

Yeah, PG had a few textures with roughly similar patterns of "streaky highlights". I think they were just used in the secret levels, though.

BGV3adM.pngzyHly9I.png

Just to give a couple example of what I mean.

2 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

Now that we have 2 Back To Saturn X's, and another on its way, will the team start creating the prequel series Saturn X? (LoL)

"Back to Saturn X" is a reference to something called "Back to Saturn X", and there's no corresponding "Saturn X" pre-existing thing that a prequel could refer to. There's "Over the Neptune", though, so you can see I already puzzled out the super secret sequel project. :p

21 hours ago, Xaser said:

BthiCSih.png

9 hours ago, esselfortium said:

image.png

I absolutely love how despite these two shots being of thematically completely different scenes, they both feel so very... BTSXy.  

46 minutes ago, Bauul said:

they both feel so very... BTSXy.  

I have a feeling that this WAD takes on several different moons. especially based on this picture below that Xaser posted a year ago. 

image.png.66bff539ab4b06c691c5c5f4850a0708.png

Saturn has 62 moons, so there is a lot to choose from. 

Dare i say it but, of the 2 new screenshots posted here, i find the one with the tree like structure to be more interesting. 

The first one (with the fake slopes and pipes) looks kinda meh to me. I dont find anything so interesting in it. Im sure the rest of the map looks awesome as does most of xaser's work, but, this screenshot just isn't doing it for me. Of course, this is just my opinion haha

But yeah, still cool to see some update on this :)

3 minutes ago, Yugiboy85 said:

i find the one with the tree like structure to be more interesting. 

Tree people clap.

So is the BTSX series going to be a trilogy? Is this the final installment? I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Rhainfall said:

So is the BTSX series going to be a trilogy? Is this the final installment? I could be wrong.

It will be a trilogy, yes!

On 8/18/2020 at 9:37 AM, esselfortium said:

image.png

Oh my god guys, I figured it out. We're going to the Ewok village.

Yub Nub!

I can’t wait to see how BTSX will be wrapped up at the end. The ending should blow my mind

On 2/9/2019 at 5:19 PM, Poncho1 said:

DVII, Sunder, and now literally BTSX... Doomworld is officially self-destructing with hype.

Also, I hate to sound like a broken record, but… about that Episode 2??? :P

On 2/9/2019 at 4:46 PM, Xaser said:

Back to Saturn X Episode 3:

Instructions to the Rusty Time Machine

twb08x8.png

I Can't Believe It's Not Vaporware!

This work-in-progress third installment in the Back to Saturn X series (a vanilla-compatible hyper-megawad, for those not in the know) takes place not on the titular Saturn X, but on the other side of a portal that leads... Somewhere Else.

What horrors await? Take a peek beyond the veil...

x7D0kksm.pngVW8o347m.png
GamF5Vim.pngDwdg8pym.png
6hDWM39m.pngQEWj9tmm.png
Co6AtK4m.pngOHzZStWm.png
NlaetcWm.png5fCeejOm.png

BTSX E3: Coming Soon to a fast-food restaurant greasy diner near you!

can't wait what you guys have in store!

I found this series from the Bethesda ports giving 1 and 2 via add ons..was just wondering if you had any estimated release date for 3 and if itll be available via the Bethesda ports like the others?

4 hours ago, Shybookwormyuri said:

I found this series from the Bethesda ports giving 1 and 2 via add ons..was just wondering if you had any estimated release date for 3 and if itll be available via the Bethesda ports like the others?

No release date set, it'll be done when it's done. And whether it's picked up for the Bethesda port isn't up to us, but it'd be nice to have all three up on there. Thanks for your interest!

16 hours ago, esselfortium said:

No release date set, it'll be done when it's done. And whether it's picked up for the Bethesda port isn't up to us, but it'd be nice to have all three up on there. Thanks for your interest!

Valve Time? :)

I am pretty sure that Back to Saturn X Episode 3 will be released within a year.

A Neptune year, obviously.

As to Mordeth, I prefer to say nothing...