Find results in...
Xaser

Back to Saturn X Episode 3 [WIP]: 5 MAP PREVIEW BUILD ON PAGE 11

On 2/9/2019 at 2:46 PM, Xaser said:

Back to Saturn X Episode 3:

Instructions to the Rusty Time Machine

twb08x8.png

I Can't Believe It's Not Vaporware!

This work-in-progress third installment in the Back to Saturn X series (a vanilla-compatible hyper-megawad, for those not in the know) takes place not on the titular Saturn X, but on the other side of a portal that leads... Somewhere Else.

What horrors await? Take a peek beyond the veil...

x7D0kksm.pngVW8o347m.png
GamF5Vim.pngDwdg8pym.png
6hDWM39m.pngQEWj9tmm.png
Co6AtK4m.pngOHzZStWm.png
NlaetcWm.png5fCeejOm.png

BTSX E3: Coming Soon to a fast-food restaurant greasy diner near you!

Btsx 3 ;)

15 minutes ago, antares031 said:

1613690851_okay(2).gif.7e8cf126dccdd29a12a5c385bcdfbe6e.gif

That peepo doesn't look nearly disappointed enough. 

On 8/18/2020 at 6:15 PM, Chip said:

I have a feeling that this WAD takes on several different moons. especially based on this picture below that Xaser posted a year ago. 

image.png.66bff539ab4b06c691c5c5f4850a0708.png

Saturn has 62 moons, so there is a lot to choose from. 

Was scrolling through this thread and just thought I'd mention that a vast majority of Saturn's moons are just asteroids, so there's not really that many to choose from

3 hours ago, Jiggahertz said:

Was scrolling through this thread and just thought I'd mention that a vast majority of Saturn's moons are just asteroids, so there's not really that many to choose from

The moons of Mars are just asteroids too, and they're good enough for the UAC!

Also obviously BTSX is set on Janus.

It'll be released after The Adventures of Square Episode 3, and Half-Life: Episode 3.

Clearly, the only way to stop these endless BTSX 3 thread bumps is to release BTSX 3.

Easy fix. Who'd have thunk it? 

29 minutes ago, Gez said:

It'll be released after The Adventures of Square Episode 3, and Half-Life: Episode 3.

And Dante's Inferno 2 

BTSX e3 wont come out because i keep breaking into everyone's houses while they are asleep and adding a bunch of VPOs and DSOs

I might ask a stupid question now, but how strong is the authors' aspect in BTSX series? Let's say a bunch of experienced mappers & composers would like to make Episode 3. How high is the chance that they won't catch the "spirit" of BTSX series, so people playing their works would say "No, it's NOT the actual BTSX I used to play"? If the success chance is high, then why don't you release a texture pack and make Episode 3 a community project with respective demands?

What about a BTSX spin-off, so you would say as the result "Yes, those specific people can bring the soul to the sequel, so we'll allow them to work on Episode 3"?

5 hours ago, Gez said:

but before Mordeth

1 hour ago, Dimon12321 said:

I might ask a stupid question now

I agree, we should throw out the minimum four years’ work on this in case the project lead has somehow forgotten what makes something BTSX and turn it into a community project, because those invariably produce good results.

Every bump adds 5 more linedefs, 4 more sidedefs, 3 more sectors, 2 Revenants, and an Archvile in a monster closet to a random map.

Which then causes a visplane overflow and requires the devs to take another month to fix that map, thus setting back the release date. 

17 minutes ago, esselfortium said:

On the subject of the resource wad, look forward to nine completely new themes in addition to the tech/gothic/ruin themes from e1 and e2.

Nine?! My goodness, that is very exciting.

Cool! That gives me about a year or so to finally beat Episode 2! :P

(Not because it is bad or anything, but because I keep getting distracted by other WADs and games.)

2 hours ago, esselfortium said:

We've been hard at work on it, and Back to Saturn X Episode 3: Instructions To The Rusty Time Machine is planned to release late next year if all goes as planned.

On the subject of the resource wad, look forward to nine completely new themes in addition to the tech/gothic/ruin themes from e1 and e2.

Unfortunately, to my dismay, there is no fudge world theme, yet. A nonzero chance is nonzero