Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FanTazTiCxD

(Fun idea) Spell out the sounds from Doom

I hope this thread can be accepted, even though it might not be the most important thing to discuss. But I just got a fun idea. How about spelling out the sounds you hear in doom, just for fun? It can be monsters, item pick-ups, or even music, etc... Let's have a laugh :D

I'll start. My favorite sound effect goes to the Spider Mastermind when it sees the player: "WIN-WIN-WEER!!!!"

And then there's the cacodemon's death: "Bedebedebedebede"

And the scary arch-vile's active sound: "u-ah-ar-arrrhharrrh"

When picking up a soulspheare: "Proar"

How do you know that the zombiemen, shotgun guys and chaingunners are British? Because when they spot you, they sometimes say "Oy, you!"

Also, guess this one: "Cachingka"

Edited by FanTazTiCxD

when the arch-vile dies? More like "awok-wok-wowah!" 

Anyways, what sound am I referring to when I say "Kachingka!"

Even though I know what Icon of Sin actually says backwards, it still sounds like this to me "I mund sayt, imbullets of Ehtz the neeawoo" ("Seewah...")

This reminds me of Text to Doom.  I couldn't find a thread for it in Doomworld, ZDoom, or Zandronum, but I did find this video, which has a download link:

I bet it was highly predictable I was gonna comment this...
RevfaceReurgh.png.1d5521e84e4aa439b46c4e7691c7c42a.png

Spoiler

I believe the Revenant roaming sound is poorly underrated, especially if you take the popularity of 'AAAAAAAAAAAAA' into account. :C

[EDIT]Regarding the feedback ratio, I double-rest my case.
NOW I will certainly do my best to forge an idea to make REURGH popular.

Edited by Cell

I would die laughing if someone would make Pinky's death sound. Also Imp's scream, when he spot you would be epic useful to scare people. Plasmagun's sound would be lethal weapon.

Archvile always ask to the player "why why why" when dying....and the hell knight knows spanish and it's thirsty as hell because it says "A-GUA" while also dying (means water).

3 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

hell knight knows spanish and it's thirsty as hell because it says "A-GUA" while also dying (means water).

Would be logic if Hell Knight would respawn when killed in water lol.

As a youngster I always heard the SS Nazis saying “Hu sha ho” when they see you and “bang baby!” when they die. Of course I learned it was “mein  leben” not too long after.

1 minute ago, Doomkid said:

As a youngster I always heard the SS Nazis saying “Hu sha ho” when they see you and “bang baby!” when they die. Of course I learned it was “mein  leben” not too long after.

I heard the SS Nazis saying "I'm Leaving!"

2 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

Archvile always ask to the player "why why why" when dying....and the hell knight knows spanish and it's thirsty as hell because it says "A-GUA" while also dying (means water).

I always imagined the HK's death sound to be either incomprehensible gibberish or "A-wa" :v.

@Bauul and @leodoom85 I believe you both are on the money.

If I recall correctly they wanted to create that sense of innocence due to it being a healer or something. They either had or tried to imitate a child voice then modified it or "why". I believe I saw a video somewhere about this.

Edited by Chezza

Oh yeah that text to speech video is great! "Don't think that I don't see you!" "Here comes flame boi!" 

The Hell Knight is like "Hour, what?" when dying. And for those who understand Danish, the sound the Mancubus makes when shooting sounds like "A muldvarpe" (A mole)

The plasma gun is like "boi!" for every shot (b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-boi!) 

Activating a switch: "Deh!"

And opening and closing a door: Hooraheyou! ... Aaaarrrchhh...

3 hours ago, Doomkid said:

I speak german, and even I couldn't and still can't understand every expression because of the bad sound quality and the poor pronounciation.

Several words/ sentences are recognizable like "Eva, Auf Wiedersehen" (=Goodbye Eva), "Donnerwetter" (= Gosh ! Golly! My Goodness!...), "Feind" (=Enemy), "Kein Durchgang" (=No entrance/ No passage), "Eine kleine Amerikaner" (->grammatically correct would be "Ein kleiner Amerikaner" = a little american)

"Hu sha ho" is either "Gestapo" or more likely "Schutzstaffel"...but they couldn't pronounce that very well and it sounds like "shushuffle"... LOL

But still, there are some recordings I never understood up to this day.... It needs a lot of imagination to know what Hall/Carmack/Romero -or whoever that was- wanted to say back then. But it's sort of charming...and funny.

@Doom_Dude: "I'm leaving" ..it's quite fitting, when he dies he has to leave, ROFL

Edited by 4everDoomed

The Spider Mastermind's awake noise always sounded to me like she was screaming "WHERE WERE YOU?!" - like she was angry with you for taking so long to get to e3m8.

I guess she'd been standing in that arena for *hours* waiting for you, making awkward small talk with the baron and cacos.