Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TollyCastle

Tantum Mortuus Est - Dead simple Community project.

Li'l devil and bonnie both have good points and providing the community some sort of proof that you're serious and you have some ideas. What the membership generally doesn't want to do is join a project that is essentially (and I have seen this statement made on other CP threads, "This project just seems like 'Hey guys, come help me make my new super-cool megawad!'"

Members of the community with long enough memories (and they don't even have to be THAT long) can also recall many projects that died for one reason or another.

And these are only the ones that really went anywhere (even if "anywhere" still wasn't very far). If you look at some of the names on that list, you'll see a number that you'll recognize, so it's not true to say that veteran community members will ALWAYS be successful at bringing projects to fruition and new members will ALWAYS fall short.

This list doesn't include the projects that never got off the ground, which usually happened because someone came along with a good idea, but hadn't done anything to show what they wanted.

Demo maps and a clear set of rules will help allay some of these fears, whether the project lead is a new member or an experienced veteran. A good vision and a good/fun/original idea also help to drive projects forward.