Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Can't play on Nightmare

Is Hexen (1995) a so complicated game?

Those are areas I've seen people stuck all the time on zandronum in over +50 game sessions. None of them ever gave me trouble but I know when am joining a server on those specific maps it might be one of them. Aside from the tree one since i completely forgot darkmere started with them (And people still overlook them, I guess that just makes their excuse even more baseless).

Honestly they might as well fully replace all normal centaurs with ettins and it'd have made the game much smoother. I know what they were going for (Flechette the centaurs to override their defense) but in practice I wonder how many people just hoarded them until something big like the heresiarch haha, especially since cleric's flechette makes centaurs even more damn annoying -that damn sound oh god no.

14 minutes ago, Pegg said:

Those are areas I've seen people stuck all the time on zandronum in over +50 game sessions. None of them ever gave me trouble but I know when am joining a server on those specific maps it might be one of them. Aside from the tree one since i completely forgot darkmere started with them (And people still overlook them, I guess that just makes their excuse even more baseless).

Honestly they might as well fully replace all normal centaurs with ettins and it'd have made the game much smoother. I know what they were going for (Flechette the centaurs to override their defense) but in practice I wonder how many people just hoarded them until something big like the heresiarch haha, especially since cleric's flechette makes centaurs even more damn annoying -that damn sound oh god no.

I'll admit, I tripped over some of them myself in my first playthrough, before eventually figuring it out. my point is that it's not always the game's fault.

I think centaurs are workable, but they should've been tweaked. I use fléchettes sometimes, but it's easy to hoard them. yes, that sound is decidedly unpleasant, and centaurs are most difficult for the cleric, which makes it worse. many issues are caused by a gap between concept and execution.