Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Philnemba

Eviternity demos [-complevel 11]

2 hours ago, ukiro said:

The thing that stood out to me is that there's a faster way to the BFG, but you might know that. From the serpentine bridge, you can jump in the lava where there's some cell ammo (it's a clue!). From there climb the cliffs to the BFG. You will have to plow through imps though and there's a bit of backtracking to get back into red building from that same direction, so maybe it doesn't save a whole lot. 

No, I didn't know this path. On one hand backtracking takes some 30-40 seconds. On the other you save a bunch of time 2-shotting Cyber, get 3 extra BFG shots to spend in RK area itself and also don't have to wait for the pillar to BFG to lower. Might end up saving a little time overall. You could avoid this backtrack altogether by returning to earlier areas and doing Blue and potentially also Yellow key and using the path from purple chamber through Plasma Rifle and 3 cells to return to path to RK area. You'd still have to either make a backtrack from YK to top of lava river through RK area, navigate it upwards from Imp cliffs or take it before entering RK area and then go back upwards anyway, but it seems like a faster approach at first glance. Would need a complete overhaul of BFG use and cell pickups, though.

Just a note to anyone wanting to run this in the future (myself included?) - I make a few not so easy to spot but still costly mistakes:

- used one BFG shot less prior to YK grab than I should've (probably the annoying Mancubus around corner by the 3 pillars)

- didn't rocket the Zombieman horde straight away - once they spread out rockets are a lot less effective

- didn't pick rocket boxes near the above

- didn't BFG the Mancubus with 4 Demons in lava sewers straight away, letting them spread out

- order of stuff to do in guardhouse area was completely random overall, could probably be more optimal

Edited by tchkb

On 7/24/2019 at 3:29 PM, Silliest Putty said:

evit5-112.zip

Welp, I have no hope of beating that one!

a2fed07963e8f7ac169f97163b2e0633.png

13 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Welp, I have no hope of beating that one!

a2fed07963e8f7ac169f97163b2e0633.png

Most of the enemies only spawn if you fire your gun.  I also got really lucky with the door jump.

Map 01 No Monsters in 26.60 - ev1o26.zip

Beats the previous best by an entire, astounding, astonishing... 3 frames. I almost didn't post this, as getting this was definitely for my own satisfaction rather than "beating the standing record", but after the 2000+ attempts over a few days (which speaks to how bad I am and not the opposite, really) I thought I'd chuck it up here in case someone was interested. Plus, I suppose it's technically closer to being the record than, well, being not the record, so why not. :)

Kraflab's 26.69 note said that "27 was easy, but it took a little while to hit 26." He's bloody right about 26's being hard. This was my 67th 26.xx seconds. I matched his time once, the rest were all slower. God knows how many low 27's I had. 

EDIT: Oh, and I got this a couple of days ago and forgot to post. Uses a new route similar to the NoMo100s one I posted a few days ago. 

Map 03 No Monsters in 35 (beats previous by 1 sec) - 
ev3o35.zip 

Edited by almostmatt1

Map 4 No Monsters in 1:08 (4 second improvement) - ev4o108.zip

Map 4 No Monsters 100% Secrets in 1:25 (3 second improvement) - evit4os125.zip

Ep 1 NoMo in 9:36 (18 second improvement) - evitep1o936.zip

Ep 2 NoMo in 27:56 (25 sec improvement) - evitep2o2756.zip

Spoiler

The second bunch are lower effort demos that I had lying around - a crap ep1 attempt and IL's closer to personal practice footage when learning the d2all route than a speed demo attempt really. I thought I'd come back to finish Ep3 IL's but I'm pretty rapidly feeling my enthusiasm die, might as well table fill a little though :) 

Ep 1 NoMo100s in 12:07 (2 second improvement) - evitep1os1207.zip

Map 21 No Monsters in 0:59 - evit21o59.zip

Map 21 No Monsters 100% Secrets in 1:34 - evit21os134.zip

Map 22 No Monsters in 1:00 - evit22o100.zip

Map 22 No Monsters 100% Secrets in 1:16 - evit22os116.zip

Map 23 No Monsters in 1:13 - evit23o113.zip

Map 23 No Monsters 100% Secrets in 1:16 - evit23os116.zip

Map 24 No Monsters in 3:46 - evit24o346.zip

Map 25 No Monsters in 2:14 - evit25o214.zip

I've started a D2all No Monsters 100% Secrets TAS. Here's Ep1. 

Spoiler

Sorry for the crappy quality - 480p is about as good as my shitty internet will manage and I forgot that that also means 30 fps. 
This isn't being made frame by frame in XDRE or anything. I'm recording with prboom with a lowered game speed (25%) and the -recordfromto function to re-record a whole bunch, which while not perfect allows for fairly decent demo recording.
I've wanted to do another nomo100s full game run for a while since my current one is pretty bad, but I don't have the inclination to try 'proper' attempts anymore nor the patience for making a TAS frame by frame so this is a middle ground I'm having fun with so far. 

The YT video is the demo played in glboom with the smooth demo playback function on. It's pretty jittery without it, due to my apparent inability to run in a straight goddam line. :P I became a lot more aware of it in the last couple of levels and played smoother in them (not really noticeable with the smooth playback function on), and at this stage am unsure whether to rerecord ep1 to make playing back the demo regularly a bit nicer, or take the lazy route and push on with the intention of letting smooth playback make a nice YT video. I'll finish the d2all either way. 

On 9/1/2019 at 12:40 PM, almostmatt1 said:

I've started a D2all No Monsters 100% Secrets TAS. Here's Ep1

What happened to the skies? Is it GLBoom?

On 9/4/2019 at 12:17 AM, ukiro said:

What happened to the skies? Is it GLBoom?

I have no idea, to tell you the truth. I did use glboom, yes. I don't know why but the skies do that when I open glboom but not prboom, but as far as I am aware you can't make an mp4 with prboom (would be happy to be proven wrong). Any ideas on why it does this?

EDIT: Actually, found a fix. Options - general - video - video mode was set to opengl, I changed it to 32 bit and the skies were fixed.

Edited by almostmatt1