Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Mac still > PC by a large margin

My MSI GS65 gaming laptop sure is annoyingly buggy. The latest aggravation is the screen going black on playback of me playing doom while recording with MS Xbox Gamebar. Even though the screen during the game didn't go black, for some reason, after 45 min the playback video goes black, even though the sound keeps playing. Basically, after 45 min the recording software starts recording a blank screen instead of the game I'm playing.

I need to find decent screen recording software. I'd use OBS but it doesn't work on my computer because my computer has two graphics cards and OBS can't handle the two gfx cards and also records a black screen (but from the start).

14 hours ago, Hellbent said:

My MSI GS65 gaming laptop sure is annoyingly buggy. The latest aggravation is the screen going black on playback of me playing doom while recording with MS Xbox Gamebar. Even though the screen during the game didn't go black, for some reason, after 45 min the playback video goes black, even though the sound keeps playing. Basically, after 45 min the recording software starts recording a blank screen instead of the game I'm playing.

I need to find decent screen recording software. I'd use OBS but it doesn't work on my computer because my computer has two graphics cards and OBS can't handle the two gfx cards and also records a black screen (but from the start).

Given your thread title, I assume you do not run into this problem when playing Doom while recording with MS Xbox Gamebar on your Macintosh, so you should do that instead.

As someone who has had questionable experience with Macs, I argue the opposite.