Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dude27th

[Decorate] Projectile rotating around the player

Question

[Edited: 16-02-19 (Because the description was too vague)]

Ok , so I need to make a weapon which his fired projectile rotates around the calling player .
Somebody have an idea about how this could be done ? (I mean , just the circular movement)
If possible without using ZScript considering that I'm working with an older version of GZDoom which doesn't support that ...?

... Maybe by spawning some sort of guiding point for the projectile to move to, relative to the player position ?

Edited by Dude27th

6 answers to this question

Look at the Afrit from realm667 for an example of orbiting projectiles.  It involves the projectile vanishiing after launching another one at a slightly different direction, so it looks like a single projectile constantly turning.

Day 5:

I resigned to download Grezzo Due (1.8 Gigabytes) just to find that specific weapon and check the Decorate , it seems that it has something to do with "A_SeekerMissile" in conjuntion with +SEEKERMISSILE +RIPPER.
I'll update when I get more progress done.

You could also use Thing_Move I guess. Grab the coordinates of the player and Thing_Move the projectile to say 64 units in front of it, then a tic later 1 change the angle by x number of degrees.  It'd only run at 35fps but it'd look ok.

2 hours ago, Bauul said:

You could also use Thing_Move I guess. Grab the coordinates of the player and Thing_Move the projectile to say 64 units in front of it, then a tic later 1 change the angle by x number of degrees.  It'd only run at 35fps but it'd look ok.

I thought about something like that at first ! I'm going to try your idea if experimenting with SeekerMissile goes to nothing. Thanks for responding !

3 hours ago, Empyre said:

Look at the Afrit from realm667 for an example of orbiting projectiles.  It involves the projectile vanishiing after launching another one at a slightly different direction, so it looks like a single projectile constantly turning.

I would like to experiment with spawning an actor in front of the player and "attacking" the player with this projectile .
And I'm going to look that . Thanks !