Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maser

Warrens

Am I the only one that thinks the fake exit for E3M9 in vanilla Doom is the greatest fake exit ever? 

2 hours ago, Maser said:

Am I the only one that thinks the fake exit for E3M9 in vanilla Doom is the greatest fake exit ever? 

Yes, you are the only one. [/sarcasm]

It seems like a dumbass I forgot to give the backstory behind this map.  I was told countless times by my friends in real life and online to never bother with this level because it was a bug that was never fixed and it was just E3M1 all over again with different music.  So yeah, that's why when I discovered the fake exit it was awesome for me especially running into a certain enemy as soon as the fake exit activated. And also of course when I got teleported into the room that is most likely why the map is called "warrens".  :D

On 2/14/2019 at 6:59 AM, Maser said:

E2M6 begs to differ.

I love E3M9 for the way it pulls that off. I'm not actually too keen on E3M1, but the twist makes a huge difference for me.

On 2/18/2019 at 3:13 AM, Maser said:

I was told countless times by my friends in real life and online to never bother with this level because it was a bug that was never fixed and it was just E3M1 all over again with different music. 

Are you talking about present times (not 1994)? If so, congratulations for still having real life friends playing classic Doom and talking to you about it!

On 2/17/2019 at 7:13 PM, Maser said:

I forgot to give the backstory behind this map.  I was told countless times by my friends in real life and online to never bother with this level because it was a bug that was never fixed and it was just E3M1 all over again with different music

16 minutes ago, printz said:

Are you talking about present times (not 1994)? If so, congratulations for still having real life friends playing classic Doom and talking to you about it!

x2

On 2/19/2019 at 7:25 PM, printz said:

Damn right. This guys is lucky to have friends like that!

On 3/2/2019 at 12:49 PM, SirJuicyLemon said:

Damn right. This guys is lucky to have friends like that!

Given how overly politically incorrect I am, I'm lucky to still have friends in general! 

I've always liked Warrens. Easily my favorite secret map of Doom. The first time I played it, I was fooled. I was wondering if there was some kind of glitch that caused Hell Keep to load up again. But with the different music, I did suspect there might be something more to the map. Then, of course, you reach the exit. Conceptually, I loved it. Not too many other officially sanctioned maps do that, which makes it unique.