Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Veloth99

is there any wad that recreates the crossing of dante through the nine circles of hell?

I have always heard references to this work when I looked at DOOM curiosities. So I decided to listen to the audiobook and the way hell is described in this one caught my attention. some will tell me that the chapter "Inferno" is in itself is the representation of this, in the 9 levels, but it just does not finish convincing me

Certain circles of hell would lend themselves to Doom maps, but others (like the one that's just an open windy plain) I thought wouldn't be visually all that interesting?

14 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Dante's series by Dr Sleep tried to do this, unluckily it wasn't finished at all after 1994...

I thought it was mostly finished and the last map was unfinished.

As you & Walter confetti already mentioned the only thing that popped up in my mind was Dr. Sleep's Inferno series. I've played Crossing Acheron (which i liked) and the other levels that were in official products (Doom II Master Levels & The Ultimate Doom) but i've never tried to play them in order. You could try that i suppose (even if you aren't exactly looking for the "Inferno" chapter). Also as mentioned above the last map was supposedly never finished according to the doomwiki so it won't be complete. But if you haven't tried the Dr. Sleep's Inferno series mapset i'd still give it a shot as they are great maps imo.

I actually had an idea to do a Megawad devoted to this, along with a few extra neat tricks due to the more advanced engine of ZDoom.

Of course, my mapping talent isn't quite up to that point, but perhaps someday after I get a few individual levels or mini-episodes under my belt, it may come to be.