Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Red-XIII

What is the most interesting way you died in Doom?

Hello guys,

as the topic title says, I'm quite curious to know what's the most interesting death you had in DooM, wheter it's funny, interesting, or just weird. 

As for me, I guess it was in plutonia map32 nightmare, from blue key area two arc viles hit me and I flew right into a flying rocket a cyberdemon shot to kill a remnant, in a direction perpendicular to mine. 

What about you?

just at the end of map32 avj.wad I encountered I was able to run through walls just before doom2.exe crashed...

since this would have been my first exit of the map without saving I was quite outrageous and never played the map with doom2.exe anymore.

so strictly speaking it was not a death of the doom marine, but of the software ;)

11 hours ago, termrork said:

just at the end of map32 avj.wad I encountered I was able to run through walls just before doom2.exe crashed...

since this would have been my first exit of the map without saving I was quite outrageous and never played the map with doom2.exe anymore.

so strictly speaking it was not a death of the doom marine, but of the software ;)

Ouch, I can imagine how that felt. Did you ever figure out why that happened?

Well, here's one I rememeber: running around the map with 5% health and no visible threat, then suddenly flat out dying without any cause... then realizing that I got hitscaned by a chaingunner who was so far away I could see him only as a few pixels (on high resolution), nor could I hear him at all.

On the final map of Doom 2: No Rest For The Living, I have a really bad habit of accidentally running straight into the Cyberdemon who fires right away at the sight of me.  And then there's always me in wide open maps where there's Revenants firing homing missiles that chase me around all throughout the map and as soon as I feel they lost me or hit something, they hit me in the back. 

On 2/16/2019 at 11:25 AM, Red-XIII said:

Ouch, I can imagine how that felt. Did you ever figure out why that happened?

sadly no, I cheated in doom2.exe to get there quickly and I was never able to reproduce it...

Probably that one time in the PSX version, when I got under a crusher and saw the doomguy's head exploding.

Switching to rocket launcher to shoot down some demons while suddenly a wild Lost Soul appears in front of me just as I press the fire button.

As for online multiplayer, there was a time where I wanted to join a kind of weird but cool online clan but it had like an entering test to decide whether you could be accepted or not: you had to beat the clan's leader (not actually the best one at deathmatch, there were a couple or at least one who were/was better) on a deathmatch SSG only (I think...not sure) and then beat him while he's using an aimbot. I think I could barely defeat him, I'm not that into deathmatch games of Doom, I never liked those "PRO" clans who only play deathmatch. This clan wasn't only for playing deathmatch anyways, also there was modding and stuff, which I liked. So yeah, it's quite interesting dying at an aimbot but gets old (boring) way too soon. Whether you win or lose, playing against an aimbot isn't fun to be honest.

23 hours ago, RjY said:

Likely an intercepts overflow a.k.a. all-ghosts bug.

thank you, that looks interesting, did not know that effect. nevertheless the exit room is very small and therefore I doubt I triggered this effect. probably a monster in a different region of the map.