Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roofi

How do you "like" posts? (A thread about the like system)

Hello , just a random question because I'm curious and I've time to spare.

A lot of people use the like button for various reasons. You can like with different spheres in Doomworld (Invulnerability , Megasphere , Soulsphere and Invisibility). So , how do you use those features? Do you use the like button just for really interesting posts or maybe you have the compulsive desire to use it for all the messages you see ? Do you have a code with the different available spheres ? (For instance , soulsphere for cool post , invulnerability for really interesting projects like BTSX E3) Or maybe you just like using them for fun?

For my part , even if  seeing posts with tons of likes is cool , I almost never like posts. It's not a habit for me , whether on facebook, on doomworld or other sites with this system. I usually prefer to reply when a message really interests me.

You don't like things so much as sphere them. Just like Pokemon.

I do use the like system and i tend to just use it for posts that i agree with and/or really like. I usually tend to just use the regular Supercharge powerup (Soul Sphere) as it's the first one to click on (show's you how lazy i am most of the time haha).

I also tend to like posts that are quite old (usually without even realizing it) as i will come across a post that i really like or agree with while i'm randomly browsing the forums, so i'm just going to apologize ahead of time to everybody just in-case some of you end up getting a notification for an older post.

We already had like 4 other topics similar to this but whatever. I have no meaning to any of them but I usually select Partial Invisibility because I like this one the most (I guess) though sometimes I just directly press like and not wait for the rest of the icons to show up out of laziness or when there's a row of posts that I like but I don't want to spend time thinking which powerup is appropriate lol.

Soulsphere: Something I like/agree with.

Megasphere: Something better than that.

Invisibility: Something that isn't/wasn't/won't be, mentioned in the respective post.

Invulnerability: Good stuff.

All pickups from all DooM games should be added, just for the sake of madness.

"User so-and-so blue-key-carded your response"

59 minutes ago, Mister Xiado said:

All pickups from all DooM games should be added, just for the sake of madness.

"User so-and-so blue-key-carded your response"

Why stop there?

I wanna show my appreciation of someone's post with a 5 Skulls Shish Kebob.

Just trying to increase my fellow doomers' survival odds. Be careful about when you grant an invisibility though.

40 minutes ago, BeachThunder said:

Why stop there?

I wanna show my appreciation of someone's post with a 5 Skulls Shish Kebob.

Can we show we dislike posts by selecting a BFG shot, then?

it makes things more interactive, and helps elevate quality posts. however, it really works against you when you're trying to troll, so it's a mixed bag.

My system is the more I like a post, the further over from the default soul sphere I go.

I have a bad habit of liking a lot of posts on here. I pretty much like every response to my posts on FB, so that habit carried over.

On 2/15/2019 at 10:27 AM, Dark Pulse said:

Can we show we dislike posts by selecting a BFG shot, then?

I was thinking there could be some imp poop and if the post really stinks a big pile of cyberdung.

13 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

if the post really stinks a big pile of cyberdung.

Bio-mechanical poo of demonic origin.

I did craft my own little system with this although sometimes I just use the Soulsphere due to laziness. It covers like, funny, insightful and epic post reactions.

Soulsphere = I generally like or approve of this post

Megasphere = This post is either epic or a savage comeback / statement

Invincibility = I find this post funny

Invisibility = I find this post informative

I usually just use the soulsphere for everything. In all honesty though, I don't really care for the like system terribly much. I feel like it encourages people to simply click a button and leave rather than stay and discuss a topic.

I treat the Invul sphere as a "Funny react" counterpart myself (since it has the "happiest" expression of all). SSph and MSph are the "Thumbs up" and "Love it" each, reflecting on their ingame power difference.

I personally don't know what Invisiblity would stand for tho', but if I had to improvise something, I'd say it has to be "respect", "grace", etc. Like, something you don't actually see but can still sense fizzling in the air, just like those black line apparitions on your gun outline.

I generally "+1" for posts I agree with, things I may have said myself, or good points or angles I wouldn't have thought of (whether I agree with them or not, I'm just a fan of sound, logical thinking).

Soulsphere: Interesting or funny post.

Megasphere: Very useful and informative post.

Invisibility: Interesting and I also witnessed what is mentioned in the post.

Invulnerability: Good post that should stay forever in Doom memorial.

On 2/16/2019 at 3:34 AM, Mr. Freeze said:

I wish I could check my number of likes on my profile again :(

Check it out, it's just a hidden page ;)

Edited by riderr3