Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brock

Hey how can i add custom sounds to my Wad ?

Hey how can i add custom sounds to my wad ? And where can i download custom sounds from ? 

Hey Finn, the first thing you might want to do is checking out www.realm677.com . There you'll find plenty of custom stuff for your WADs ranging from monsters to textures and also sounds.

If you want to add custom things to your WADs it is important to tell us, in which format you map. Vanilla, UDMF or something else. Then people can tell you the best and easiest way to add custom things. You might as well already check out some YouTube Videos. "LazyGamer" has a ton of great and easy to follow Doom mapping tutorials on his channel.

1 hour ago, elend said:

Hey Finn, the first thing you might want to do is checking out www.realm677.com . There you'll find plenty of custom stuff for your WADs ranging from monsters to textures and also sounds.

If you want to add custom things to your WADs it is important to tell us, in which format you map. Vanilla, UDMF or something else. Then people can tell you the best and easiest way to add custom things. You might as well already check out some YouTube Videos. "LazyGamer" has a ton of great and easy to follow Doom mapping tutorials on his channel.

It's For UDMF format for Gzdoom. And lazygamer has done how to add custom things on A pk format . I am on Wad format. Help me please.

In your PWAD, custom sounds can be done in 3 different ways:

1. As shown in your Super Shotgun post, in your pwad simply insert the new sound with the name name as the ingame sound name.

2. Define a new sound for a single event (like shooting a gun) in SNDINFO.

3. Define new sounds for an action sequence (like a door opening, holding and closing) in SNDINFO

and the sequence of the sounds in SNDSEQ.

Addendum:

The best teaching map I like to refer to is Enjay's Gene-Tech.

Studying that will teach you most aspects of GZDoom mapping.

If that should prove to be too complicated for you, maybe my test map of new sounds for a door will be helpful.

Edited by Kappes Buur