Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haruko haruhara

How to make a invasion map ?

I have been trying to make a invasion map just like the skulltag ones where they will have custom monsters an invasion monsters but I don't know how to put the custom monsters I tried to import the monster in the file but when I did that it did not work out as I thought the monster was not in invasion monsters or decorate I just want to know how to make maps in general even if I make a invasion wad it is just gonna suck I really suck at mapping I hope there is a way to put custom monsters in invasion maps in invasion monsters in skulltag in 

Hexen format  say what you have to say about this topic :)

You must make a custom DECORATE definition for the spawner. For example:

Actor MyCustomMonsterSpawner : CustomMonsterInvasionSpot 9059

{

Dropitem "blabla"

}

The 9059 is the editor number, this is the number that the editor will use to refer to it. Make sure it isn't already used by Doom. Dropitem "blabla" should be changed to have the name of your custom enemy, and you can add another Dropitem entry for more enemies spawned from this.

There's much more that has to do when making an invasion map, most of which i don't know about, so have a look at the Zandronum Wiki.

Start simple- actually make a functional map before delving into certain things.

Also use some fucking full stops...jeez.

Skulltag in hexen? Nah, I don't suggest use that. Better use doom in hexen(if you host your map in zdaemon) or zdoom in udmf if you will use zandronum. Also, better first learn how to make maps, before going into mp mapping and playing with custom monsters.

1 hour ago, Misty said:

Skulltag in hexen? Nah, I don't suggest use that. Better use doom in hexen(if you host your map in zdaemon) or zdoom in udmf if you will use zandronum. Also, better first learn how to make maps, before going into mp mapping and playing with custom monsters.

Why not? The Skulltag invasion gamemode was made for a reason, and that's because it's quite a bit easier to set up than any ACS trickery you can find.

4 hours ago, -TDRR- said:

Why not? The Skulltag invasion gamemode was made for a reason, and that's because it's quite a bit easier to set up than any ACS trickery you can find.

Misty was talking about map formats, not game modes.

3 hours ago, Empyre said:

Misty was talking about map formats, not game modes.

I was quoting the part that said: "Better use Doom in Hexen (if you host your map in ZDaemon)" which instantly locks you off the invasion gamemode. You have to specifically use Zandronum in Hexen or Zandronum in UDMF, else the invasion spawners won't be on the objects list.

7 hours ago, -TDRR- said:

I was quoting the part that said: "Better use Doom in Hexen (if you host your map in ZDaemon)" which instantly locks you off the invasion gamemode. You have to specifically use Zandronum in Hexen or Zandronum in UDMF, else the invasion spawners won't be on the objects list.

That's a good point.