Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Doomworld should have a feature where you can change the avatar of other users.

45 minutes ago, Hellbent said:

If you read my posts, you'd understand that this thread has nothing to do with anime. Maybe you don't find this image disturbing. I do.

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg

I did read your posts, but you've also edited them so i can't recall if anything was changed or not. Also if you would of read my post then you would of understood what i had said as well. 

1 hour ago, CyberDreams said:

If a tiny 100x100 picture that abides by the rules really offends you that much then you really need to check your priorities."

To my understanding we were talking about avatars, not desktop wallpaper...Now unless you are using a projector or the Jumbotron at your local football stadium than i highly doubt that they show up at that resolution.

Look: i'm not trying to be a prick. I've seen that avatar as well. But it's not my mentality to make a whole topic about a certain subject and then basically call out said person on that subject, especially when it is of something of such little importance. If you had a problem with his/her avatar, just message them or something.

This will most certainly not be implemented. It's not going to be widely in-demand, and since this board is powered by Invision (see the bottom of the forum page) they'd have to have that implemented throughout all their message boards. This means DW will be far from the only board affected.

Invision forum software is written in PHP and MySQL. Right now, each user has one avatar attached to them. Every user sees that one avatar which is as you know, uploaded to the DW server. Implementing a feature like this would attach multiple avatars to each user; one avatar for general use plus one avatar whenever a specific user wishes to have a different image viewing for them. While many people won't change avatar images for many users, this has the potential to grow from X images to X^2 where X is the number of users on a board.

TLDR; This isn't happening, DW can't do it and Invision won't do it. It's possible to implement, but not very practical.

I'd rather have a feature where I can change Hellbent's username to the Fresh Prince of Bell End.

Hellbent, removing an avatar with an ad blocker is something you can totally do. Doesn't require that you think of a replacement, either!

@Jimmy Cool, how do I do it? I installed ADP for Chrome, went to advanced settings, added the image url to a new "filter list" and ADP says "Failed, not a valid filter list". I tried various different urls for the image but all failed.

Sounds good. Olds like me would use it to keep old user avatars so I can recognise people more quickly. Also, to uncensor people like Porsche Money and that guy who was witch hunted for being an Italian Fascist. 

4 hours ago, Hellbent said:

@Jimmy Cool, how do I do it? I installed ADP for Chrome, went to advanced settings, added the image url to a new "filter list" and ADP says "Failed, not a valid filter list". I tried various different urls for the image but all failed.

Right click on the image you don't like, hit "Block Element" with the little ADP icon next to it.  Press "OK" on the window that pops up.  Done.

Awesome, thanks! That was super easy. Nothing against you NerdyButLazy, but now I can snack while browsing the doomworld forums again. 

Edited by Hellbent