Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arepakiller

Question: Best WAD's to play with a variety of Bestiary???

Hi and sorry to bother all of you in your busy DOOM topics and doings (also wrongdoings), I'm looking to play some WADs or megaWADs that have a quite variety of demons/monsters/bestiary like Hell on Earth Pack (From Project Brutality) but I don't know where to start reading or what to actually do. Do you guys know some WADS that includes the bestiary or in any way to just load the external files in ZDE without mapping stuff?

Any help is appreciate it since I'm coming back from a long time.

These have all/most/half of the stock bestiary plus many additions and/or replacements:

Survive in Hell

Valiant

Eviternity

STRAIN

MAYhem 18 Purple/Orange

Struggle 

Edited by galileo31dos01 : my ass memory

I actually would like to know some good ones as well. I know Valiant is an excellent Wad with custom monsters and some minor weapon mods but that's about it.

This could be an opportunity for a little self promotion, I have made a 9 map Wad specifically for Brutal Doom v2.0b (has issues with other versions). It's called Operation UAC which you can find on moddb.

It has custom monsters, bosses, scripts etc to keep it feeling fresh.

Extended bestiary? I could recommend Pshycophobia but I wouldn't say its the best wad. But if you are looking for an extended bestiary (Also a good reason why 3d models for weapons SHOULDNT exist) I would recommend it.

1 minute ago, Chezza said:

I actually would like to know some good ones as well. I know Valiant is an excellent Wad with custom monsters and some minor weapon mods but that's about it.

This could be an opportunity for a little self promotion, I have made a 9 map Wad specifically for Brutal Doom v2.0b (has issues with other versions). It's called Operation UAC which you can find on moddb.

It has custom monsters, bosses, scripts etc to keep it feeling fresh.

That's cool. Will check it out. I was thinking how no one has come up with a mod that replaces the default ones with random ones automatically or have the same function as Project Brutality functions that set its to progresive mode, random, etc. Eg: Lets say you load up valiant with the mod, that that will replace the default enemies by random ones saved in the mod that serves as an library or predetermined set of groups.

7 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

nuts.wad.

Oh wait, you meant having more VARIETY, not more monsters. Well, shit.

Yea I mean, I know maps are loaded with that info, but why hasn't anyone made a mod that incorporates a library of monsters and plays them at random. That would keep things interesting for a quite while, well DOOM is about you, your gun, and those dudes.

7 hours ago, arepakiller said:

Yea I mean, I know maps are loaded with that info, but why hasn't anyone made a mod that incorporates a library of monsters and plays them at random. That would keep things interesting for a quite while, well DOOM is about you, your gun, and those dudes.

Could just play a mod like Aeons of Death and turn every replacement on. That will probably last you for quite some time, and it will work on all maps.

Balance might be a bit tricky though...

Here's a video, but this version is a couple years old at this point. Using the stock Doom II maps, so you can see what it does firsthand.

(No, I don't know why the floor is so terrible in terms of lighting. I know that isn't part of the mod.)

5 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

Could just play a mod like Aeons of Death and turn every replacement on. That will probably last you for quite some time, and it will work on all maps.

Balance might be a bit tricky though...

Here's a video, but this version is a couple years old at this point. Using the stock Doom II maps, so you can see what it does firsthand.

(No, I don't know why the floor is so terrible in terms of lighting. I know that isn't part of the mod.)

what did you use to record? I just got something working. I put up High res textures + UDV (Ultimate DOOM Visor) + Project Brutality 3.0 + IDKFA Music Some lighting effects and wow, I mean I want to share the same experience, I on E3M4 and looks sick as heck, and freaking fun to play too!

1 minute ago, arepakiller said:

what did you use to record? I just got something working. I put up High res textures + UDV (Ultimate DOOM Visor) + Project Brutality 3.0 + IDKFA Music Some lighting effects and wow, I mean I want to share the same experience, I on E3M4 and looks sick as heck, and freaking fun to play too!

Not my video, but if I recorded now it'd be via ShadowPlay since I have an nVidia GPU.

OBS is a fine recording studio to use. It takes a little while to set up, but once done it is fairly nice.