Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChicagoTrash

What is your Doom canon?

I don't think anything in Doom is canon unless you want it to be. It's your choice. Although, I personally believe it more or less goes like this, Thy Flesh Consumed exempt because it doesn't make much sense:

Doom

Doom 2

Doom 64

Doom 3, 2016/Eternal for example? I choose to believe they're all separate series than the original, the same way that Quake and Quake 2 are pretty much separate. The details aren't really important.

I think id just figured: if it's cool, we'll do it, because we like cool stuff. It doesn't have to make sense.

I also think Thy Flesh Consumed, Sigil, Final Doom, Master Levels, etc... are exactly what they are, pretty much just custom wads that could be canon if you want. I mean a lot of wads are like that, trying to extend the Doom universe. The truth is that the story is so bare-bones you can pretty much add or take away content at your leisure and argue something like "well the doomguy went through a portal and ended up here", lol. Because he always goes through portals and ends up in strange places. 2016/Eternal? Went through a portal, ended up in a strange place, lol. It doesn't have to be canon unless you want it to be.

Edited by Hellektronic