Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SoggyPinecone.

Favorite DOOM level.

What is your favorite Episode and Mission in DOOM?

(I mean DOOM 1, because ID can't come up with a new names)

Knee-Deep in the Dead

-------------------------

E1M1: Hangar

E1M2: Nuclear Plant

E1M3: Toxin Refinery 

E1M4: Command Control

E1M5: Phobos Lab

E1M6: Central Processing

E1M7: Computer Station

E1M8: Phobos Anomaly

E1M9: Military Base 

E1M10: Sewers

The Shores of Hell

E2M1: Deimos Anomaly

E2M2: Containment Area

E2M3: Refinery

E2M4: Deimos Lab

E2M5: Command Center 

E2M6: Halls of the Damned

E2M7: Spawning Vats

E2M8: Tower of Babel 

E2M9: Fortress of Mystery

Inferno

E3M1: Hell Keep

E3M2: Slough of Despair

E3M3: Pandemonium

E3M4: House of Pain

E3M5: Unholy Cathedral

E3M6: Mt. Erebus 

E3M7: Limbo

E3M8: Dis 

E3M9: Warrens

Thy Flesh Consumed

E4M1: Hell Beneath

E4M2: Perfect Hatred 

E4M3: Sever the Wicked

E4M4: Unruly Evil

E4M5: They Will Repent

E4M6: Against Thee Wickedly

E4M7: And Hell Followed

E4M8: Unto the Cruel 

E4M9: Fear 

You can choose one or more but I don't recommend it.

Episode1_intermission.png

Episode2_intermission.png

Imscrngo.png

THYFLESH.jpg

Favorite Episode: Knee-deep in the Dead.

Favorite Mission: I'm bad at picking favorites, so I would say almost the entire episode except E1M4, E1M6 and E1M9.

I'd have to say that despite not being a fan of his mapping style in some ways, for me it's a toss-up between E2M6 and E3M2, both Sandy Petersen maps.

Although thematically as a whole I much prefer Techbase/Shores of Hell style levels to Hell-style ones, so my particular tastes align more with Romero-style work.

E1m8. the atmosphere was incredible !, the soundtrack, the battle with the two barons! and of course the shape of the map all this very iconic

E1M7 or E2M6.

Until last week, E2M6 wouldn't have got a look in, but after that discussion about E2 on the forums I replayed this level and completely reversed my opinion of it.

Episode: Knee-deep

Level: E4M6

Probably a very boring and generic answer.

E2M2 (with E2M4 and E2M6). All my favourite levels are spooky.

Episode 2 is by far my favourite episode.

My favorite is Mt. Erebus. For a lot of players, this is actualy one of the worst ones, but I like the hellish, open environment that makes i. unique. It also has that cool rocket-assisted secret level exit.

In my opinion E4M2 is the most iconic and memorable level of Ultimate Doom, monster infighting in the beginning of the level, secrets platform switchs, teleport death of a Cyberdemon and at the end a little secret timed exit. A very intense level this E4M2.

Favorite Episode: Inferno. Favorite Level: E3M4 (House of Pain) or E3M5 (Unholy Cathedral)

EDIT: Forgot about E2M8 (Tower of Babel)!

For me currently it's a tie between E3M9 and E4M2.  I know lots of people give E4M1 and M2 lots of shit for how hard they are on UV difficulty and I will admit that M1 is a bitch of a starter level, but come on with M2!  What's not to love about tele-fragging a fucking Cyberdemon!?

E1M9, E2M8, E3M1/E3M9 (Warrens and/or hells keep both work for me :3), E4M3.

Military Base is quite memorable for me as not only was it the first secret level I ever found in DooM (weirdly E3M9 was second. took me ages to find E2M9's entrance XD)

Tower Of Babel because dat cyberbutt >w>

Hells Keep/Warrens because god DAMNIT it's the only level I can finish on Nightmare difficulty Q_Q

E4M3 (forgot it's name) Is the first good level of Episode 4, the worst episode of DooM.

2 hours ago, Rimantas said:

e4m2

E4M2 is also a very good map (my favourite map from E4). What's surprising is that this map was made in just 6-7 hours.

Episode? I just don't even know anymore.

Mission? E4M2 Perfect Hatred.

If we were to say Doom, not Ultimate Doom, then maybe E1M6 Central Processing or E3M6 Mt. Erebus

Favorite Doom map?
I'd say that I have a tie with E1M7 and E2M6.

Why? Because for 1-7 it has that interconnected feel that makes the map pretty dynamic to see what's going on and it also helps greatly where are you standing and look at the surroundings. Pretty solid in that aspect.
2-6? Well, as the name implies, it has separated halls which you can go at any order to open the exit and, that fake exit add even more surprises to the map. The music in both maps fits like a ring. Like them both and, most importantly, they are fun to play.

This is harder than picking a favorite movie and almost as hard as picking a single favorite song, and there's only 36 to choose from!

I guess I'll start whittling away at which ones are not. The first list is pretty easy to put together:

E4M9,

E4M4,

E2M3,

E3M8,

E1M9

E4M8,

E4M7,

E4M5,

E4M3,

E4M1,

My favorite map for each episode is probably (and in order of absolute favorite)

E2M4 E1M6 E3M4 E4M2