Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bob9001

Beat Ancalagon Demos Month

Well it's been almost a year since the last "Beat-Demo" month was posted so I thought this time, I'd take on the liberty of hosting the thread for this month.

Secondly, A lot of good demos have come from this individual whose demos that you will be trying to beat. I thought long and hard about why I wanted to do this and really it's because they have posted some fantastic demos over the past year, so it's like an honor to be able to have this month for them.

The person who's demos are on the line is Ancalagon!

I will be using a points system to score on various demos that get beaten though-out the month and these are as follows:

2 Points will be awarded for beating a current RECORD DSDA demo that is done by Ancalagon, if that same demo is beaten again the person gets 1 point.

Please submit all demos by April 6th.

Some other things to note.

• Please include a textfile with your demo so I can keep the demos organized.
  • Please post all beaten demos in this thread.
  • Please don't record TAS demos to beat an Ancalagon demo.

Link to Ancalagon's DSDA page: Ancalagon's DSDA page

Link to Mayhem 18 spreadsheet as Ancalagon has some demos in this demopack: Mayhem Spreadsheet

Link to previous beat demo month: Beat/Fill '94 PWADs Month

Points Standings and Demo records: (includes posts up to 06/04/2019, 10:00am New Zealand Daylight Savings Time (NZDT)) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1apNHQkgu7LRt-nJn8DkinHc4srN0PJFB_0wmFeb-nFQ/edit#gid=0

Winners' Prize: *I have asked Ancalagon about the prize for the month and he is happy to beat anything (Within reason e.g p1m1 in 7 seconds is not a good choice) of the winners choosing!*

Winner: Congratulations to @4shockblast for winning this contest with 18 points!!

Edited by Bob9001

Sometimes edits go unnoticed, I just want to mention there's now a small prize to the winner, nothing big but it's the best I could come up with while not doing monetary prizes.

12 hours ago, Ancalagon said:

Sometimes edits go unnoticed, I just want to mention there's now a small prize to the winner, nothing big but it's the best I could come up with while not doing monetary prizes.

Pog

9ring666 E2M5 uv-max in 0:51

9ri5-051.zip

33 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

This was a Beat j4rio demos month entry I think.

Beatception.

Off topic thing: @4shockblastWill you wear a monocle when you next time show up in something like ESA?

I don't think this counts, but I just really want to ask the question above, so I may put something up as well (and for safety sake so I won't lose the .lmp file).

SlaughterMAX Map32 UV Max in 14:45

smax32-1445.zip

1 hour ago, Ancalagon said:

Wasn't this run recorded like months ago?

Oh, yeah. I played this map again when I was bored, I think this is a 9 seconds improvement or something... (besides, I thought no one cares, but obviously I'm wrong)

15 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

Off topic thing: @4shockblastWill you wear a monocle when you next time show up in something like ESA?

I dunno if I will end up going to such an event in the future, but this is a good idea if I do.

HR2 Map 32 NM100 in 0:27.

h232s027.zip