Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cyb

Tim Willits Loves Interviews

In a twisted turn of events, Tim Willits has been interviewed by Gaming Invasion. The interview appears to have been done over e-mail (so there aren't any follow-up questions) and it pretty much just retreads everything we already know about Doom 3, but still, if you can't get enough of Tim Willits and Doom 3, then by all means go check it out. Go go go!

Another question we get a lot is the average poly count of different things.
The best place to look for that info is some transcripts online.

motd

Tim Willits said:

We won’t do co-op, that’s definite.

Is anyone pissed those who have known about this? >:]

999cop said:

Is anyone pissed those who have known about this? >:]

I for one am a bit dissapointed, but meh, can't expect Everything, no?

Besides, I dont co-op alot.

I don't coop that much, but it's pretty fun when i do. I used to have a coop server on zdaemon for a few weeks a while ago...i may start another one up when i move. I'll hopefully have a much better connection after that and better connection = more co-opping fun.

Willits said:

we’re working on finishing up the maps, and we’re just getting that stuff worked out.

Finishing already?

No cooperative mode? Can someone please explain to me what the problem is with sticking in a few coop player starts? I'll bet this has to do with scripted events :(

It may be the scripts (although surely this could be fixed or changed for co-op). I suppose having four players plus extra monsters would hurt the framerate a lot.

Arioch said:

Sven coop sucks, so that doesn't count.

Burn heretic! :-P
Coop is twice as fun as dm imo, so leaving it out and keeping dm which has just been promoted by mp only games like Q3A and UT as opposed to coop which hasn't really evolved since Doom, because there has never been much focus on it.

Sign in to follow this