Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DynamiteKaitorn

Good Soundtrack, Bad memories [videogames]

Hey DooM World! What are songs from videogames that you like to listen to but hate the level/area/whateves it comes from? Here's a couple from me:

Time rift collapse is a really up-beat and funky song from Seal The Deal but BY GOD are the time limits harsh!

Oh Sturm. A fun CO to dominate as, but a JERK to fight in AW (especially in the advanced campaign >.<)

If there was ever a biome I died a lot in, it's the Jungle... :l

So, what songs you don't mind listening to but hate? Please share! :3

Stickerbush Symphony. Arguably the best music track in the game but it's used it the most frustrating levels.

Also a higher quality cover of it.

48 minutes ago, Avoozl said:

Stickerbush Symphony. Arguably the best music track in the game but it's used it the most frustrating levels.

Without Stickerbush Symphony I probably would have been a LOT angrier at the levels it appears in.

Silver Surfer has a phenomenal soundtrack, but is a nightmare to play. I really regret trying to beat it. Battletoads also has a great soundtrack, but the track that plays during the Volkmire's Inferno flying section is permanently etched into my mind, as well as the track that plays during The Revolution. Finally, Sonic 06; no further comment.

18 hours ago, Avoozl said:

Oh wow! I have heard this version before but I never once made the connection that it was Stickerbrush Symphony. I always played all of the Donkey Kong Country games on standard Gameboy and had a different version of that song in my head, in this video here -

And while were are on that note I am also going to throw in Lockjaw's Saga. Because those fucking maps where you had to hit the barrel to make the water safe and then surface on the other side beforethe timer ran out definitely stick out in my mind.

This game is pure shit, i knew it back then, and i know it even more now. But i still i keep remembering its existence every now and then just because of the music

Also seeing there's a goldeneye track shared already i'll share one too. 

Blood 2. My memories were fine playing it as a Teen who always used cheat codes enjoying the worlds atmosphere, enemy design and Caleb antics. But I know if I played it properly today it would kill my nostalgia. I can't anyway, it always crashes...

The soundtrack is incredibly unique but not as praised as it should be. So dark and atmospheric!

I owned Fester's Quest on NES as a kid.  Even though the soundtrack was sparse, like the rest of the game, it was easily the best thing about it.  I never beat it as a kid, though years later I went back and finished it just to see the rest of the game... I didn't feel any satisfaction for doing so, sadly. :P

No one's mentioned the Silenced Cathedral from Soul Reaver?

Solving block puzzles while angry spidermen punch you in the groin was not a satisfactory experience in my opinion.

I seen this topic a while back and I couldn't think of a game at the time. But someone on YouTube interacted with a post I made on the Hexen 2 soundtrack a while back, then I remember Hexen 2 fits in this category for me! I remember playing the very beginning of the game and I was digging it. But then the puzzle to get to the Egypt level was so obscure to me, so I was a bit annoyed. Then once I was in Egypt I just didn't like the look of the level and the enemies, so I quit. Some people like the game but it isn't for me. I am thinking of playing it again with cheats to get past these parts because I may like some of the other levels.

Anyway the music was kick ass throughout! I remember trying to rip the soundtrack into MP3s back in the day but my disc was scratched so I couldn't get the first audio track, so I was bummed. But it always had a depressive yet foreboding sound to it. Like you were on a mission to defile the evil that has raped your world. Here are two of my favorites from the soundtrack: