• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marcaek

TNT 2: Devilution (Final beta released)

On 12/11/2019 at 4:38 AM, sincity2100 said:

the other is in Convulution.

What's Convulution? 

^ Huh, no wonder it was called Convulution, it's a fitting name for such a... CONVOLUTED project.

I don't think it was decided that they were terrible, just not very much in the spirit of TNT. 

Which is weird because the final product isn't very much like TNT either, just in a different way.

TNT spirit is hard to get i think. TNT: Revilution, as much as i love it, it had more things in common with more modenr megawads like Back to Saturn X (LoL, that was the start of the revilution if i remember right). There are not much wads that tried to replicate the quirks of the team, and of today, craped corridors and very big open areas are somewhat down voted by a lot of people, but then we got Vile Flesh, a wad that is more team TNT than nothing else out there. I really want to take my hand on the levels Kyka made, maybe they were true to Evilution spirit, but bad for today standars... or ten years ago standars... that make it double standar? Shit, i don't know anymore :/

Edited by P41R47

And here we are, new year, and still waiting for this little baby to arrive.
I was expecting a big bad santa's surprise... But no, nothing come!

I starting to think that the dev team like to overtest things out. Around last week of October/2019, the team contacted some people for testing. Two month later... and almost nothing. Last update said the testing team helped to find bugs a missing textures that would be fixed...

I just hope this one get released before Doom Eternal.

In the meantime, gonna play Evilution and Revilution for the tenth time.

3 hours ago, JBerg said:

Does anyone here have the Convulution wad?

No, currently I am the only person who has the wad & it will not be released until well after Devilution is finished.

2 hours ago, Diabolución said:

It really pisses me off that wad archive has this linked on their website. This is an unfinished beta that has about half the maps & it doesn't even have any of the Devilution textures to make it work properly. Not to mention the joke titlepic among other things. Don't download this.

7 hours ago, Jaws In Space said:

No, currently I am the only person who has the wad & it will not be released until well after Devilution is finished.

It really pisses me off that wad archive has this linked on their website. This is an unfinished beta that has about half the maps & it doesn't even have any of the Devilution textures to make it work properly. Not to mention the joke titlepic among other things. Don't download this.

Given the other download links on that page it was probably grabbed via scouring multiplayer wad dumps. You may be able to get it removed if you contact the owners.

9 hours ago, Jaws In Space said:

I wasn't aware of the status of the wad. I'll just wait for the official release. Thank you for Revilution btw 

10 hours ago, Jaws In Space said:

Hell yeah, that means there will be 3 TNT wads to play once Devilution comes out.

One thing i'm wondering is how Devilution will explain the Blue Sky/Blue Demon Spitter at the end of the original TNT. Hopefully it isn't just ignored.

On 1/2/2020 at 2:41 AM, Mk7_Centipede said:

still excited some 10 years later for this.  happy new year yall!

I'm not expecting miracles. If it gets released then it does.

On 3/3/2019 at 9:50 PM, Marcaek said:

titlepic_tnt_devilution.png.6099c910c84839ef1b134386be5f48eb.png

TNT2 is a 32-map vanilla compatible sequel to Team TNT's Evilution. Originally started in 2009, the project underwent many troubles and revisions (and even a split into a separate megawad project) before finally reaching what we would consider a state worthy of show. Currently, Devilution is sitting at 29 finalized maps and rapidly approaching the finish line, which means it's prime time to reveal some of the results!

1-c5-Glku-M.png2-60-MLAp-K.png3-A9-LJw-A3.png

4-Qfg-Ej-Js.png5-ery-USb-D.png6-I9v-QC9-N.png

7-urw1db-A.png8-W44-D5-TC.pngScreenshot-Doom-20190208-201821.png

What we will need soon is dedicated users for feedback and bug hunting, so if you're interested let us know here or PM me directly. We're hoping to have this out very soon, keep your eyes on this space for updates!

Is it that time now?

Supposely, that time was a roughly 4 or 5 months ago, when Marcaek solicited some playtesters.
Seems like there is a lot to fix giving that, aside from real life going on, there is no update as how things are going on. This is a work of the BTSX team, so we know how they love to make bug fixes, but...

Well, I hope it get released this year at least. Some screenshot are really juicy and enchanting, but, If after 12 years in the making, we found that this doesn't deserve all the waiting... it would really be a shame :/

43 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

Well, I hope it get released this year at least. Some screenshot are really juicy and enchanting, but, If after 12 years in the making, we found that this doesn't deserve all the waiting... it would really be a shame :/

I'm just going to be honest with you. This is just Duke Nukem Forever 2.

3 minutes ago, Tarnsman said:

DNF got released eventually, though ;)

4 hours ago, guitardz said:

"A bad game is forever delayed

but a rushed game is eventually good."

-Shakira Miitomo

7 hours ago, guitardz said:

And that was a mistake, tbh.

Uh huh. So what is the ideal development time that is proven to result in zero glitches or bugs?

11 hours ago, Tarnsman said:

Tarns, i really appreciate your humor as i usually made some ironic statements like yours.
And in some joke there are some hints of the truth behind it. But, please, can you answer this, seriously, as a member of the development team:
We know the standar the team usually try to achieve, how far are from it right now?

58 minutes ago, Bucket said:

Uh huh. So what is the ideal development time that is proven to result in zero glitches or bugs?

And look, Tarns, not only nobodies like me are asking this. The good Bucket here is also worried as the develpment is taking a really long time, seriously.

Infinity, unless your testing team is made of several million people.

It's better to just accept there will be a ton of glitches and bugs and go through an open beta to find them than to do some eternal internal beta that will miss like 95% of them because there's a very limited number of play styles and port configurations involved with a small team.

Guys, this where is it stuff isn't helpful. It's being worked on. I'm going to start getting short with people if this nagging stuff continues.