Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marcaek

TNT 2: Devilution (Final beta released)

13 minutes ago, rzh said:

I think you should use complevel 4 instead, since this is a TNT PWAD.

I don't think there's much difference, beside weird teleport things. My bug in any case is probably related to nodebuilder.

14 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I don't think there's much difference, beside weird teleport things. My bug in any case is probably related to nodebuilder.

Yeah, you're right, standing on the portal means monsters can't hear you, not related to complevels. I just saw complevel 2 for TNT wad and teleporter in the same sentence and my mind refused to think about it further.

Congrats on getting this out to the public. It's still wild to me how an old collab between AD and I actually saw the light of day. My mapping mannerisms have changed over the past 5 years or so, but I hope everyone enjoys it.

7 hours ago, sincity2100 said:

The last Map already exists..

Well in that case, I may have to play this soon then.

For some reason, some of the early stimpacks in MAP04 heal 25 points rather than 10; likewise, quite a few health bonuses in the secret corridors around the Plasma Rifle room seem to count for three.

In any case, the music is pretty good so far! Are those all original compositions?

17 minutes ago, Suitepee said:

Well in that case, I may have to play this soon then.

I think there's a miscommunication here. If you mean "last map" being Map30 yes it exists, but there is one map (Map26) in the main lineup missing. If you want a complete continuous experience you should hold out for the missing map.

THANK YOU SOO MUCH for finishing this wad! im playing thorugh the leves now, it's very very good! i liked TNT and Loved TNTR. now i have TNT2! The levels are so fuckcing unique and bizzar, but at the same time awesome! I love it so far, im on the aquarium level, and WOW!

I forgot to mention about MAP03: was it intended to trap the player past the red/blue key doors? I was confused that I couldn't return to the previous area and explore for secrets.

59 minutes ago, valkiriforce said:

I forgot to mention about MAP03: was it intended to trap the player past the red/blue key doors? I was confused that I couldn't return to the previous area and explore for secrets.

Spoiler

You can! Once you reach the exit, a teleporter will take you back to the other side of the map.

I completely forgot I had a map in this, liking the changes I've seen and thank you for taking in my old map and giving it a home.   

14 hours ago, Xaser said:

[DOUBLE-EDIT] Aha -- these still the latest versions? If so, we'll get to updatin': 

Here is the link to the super mega ultra final versions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lLfYnlYTEHasgumWOuXePhngcyzS4RwV/view?usp=sharing

You actually have two songs in the WAD I can't find... which usually means I chopped them apart into different songs. Use them or don't.

10 hours ago, Marcaek said:

I think there's a miscommunication here. If you mean "last map" being Map30 yes it exists, but there is one map (Map26) in the main lineup missing. If you want a complete continuous experience you should hold out for the missing map.

Oh ok then, well I shall wait for the missing map to be added then.

20 minutes ago, Suitepee said:

Oh ok then, well I shall wait for the missing map to be added then.

*dies of old age*

4 hours ago, mouldy said:

Wow, congrats on finally getting this done. I had a quick look at map 1 to see if i remembered any of my traps, and i love the extra prelude, very spooky. The glass cage around the teleporter was a nice addition too, although as someone else noted it seems to mess with the monster's hearing in that room. Looks like something screwy going on with that sector in doombuilder.

Anyway, I'll have to dust off my shotgun and have a play of the rest of it now.

Hi mouldy! Thanks for enjoying the prelude section, good to know it was worth the tons of work spent on it! Had a lot of inspiration by your work when doing it.

Will perform small changes to 01 and fixes for the "not-hearing" issue in that very cool glass cage teleporter, to be clear for credits sake: that wasn't my addition.

And make sure to enjoy the rest of this masterpiece as well, indeed!

33 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

@NightFright Neat! What is the "Frag" part for, though? Is it a multiplayer thing?

You will not see that ingame unless you do multiplayer, yes. It will be covered by the STARMS lump in singleplayer mode.

(It will keep using TNT2's custom STARMS if you load this widescreen replacement after the TNT2 wad.)

Here's me looking at Maps 1 & 2 in Walpurgis:

I'm wondering if the blue start is a tongue-in-cheek reference to how 'out the blue' this release is (haha). In any case, it certainly does seem to have a certain indescribable 'TNT-NESS' to it even from my short first impression, so kudos for that. Also map 2 instantly gets my approval for having a secret toilet. Good stuff!

Playing through this I found a couple of visual oddities in MAP 13, pictured below. I guess this has to do with the nodebuilder? I'm playing with ZDoom 2.8.1, so feel free to disregard if this works in GZDoom's current version (and also feel free to chide me on my source port of choice). 

203681497_Screenshot(290).png.18794cd66a881cab42bce45bff3d2c98.png1370003095_Screenshot(289).png.6829e9ce857f539a003d14b13fa7fbb4.png1447994749_Screenshot(288).png.9b2e785f0a9e05d0c46c928c32f5ac91.png

More importantly, the red key didn't lower in MAP 31 for some reason. Again, this happened on ZDoom. (I might have just done something out of order, but I'm locked in the room with cyberdemon...the pillar lowered, it just didn't bring the key with it).

2089924408_Screenshot(291).png.7a7a8b7c9b0fe2f7cd21082d0564892f.png

Hope these help; I'm definitely not trying to nitpick. I've been zooming through this megawad with great enthusiasm, definitely will be playing it several times.

11 minutes ago, MtPain27 said:

Playing through this I found a couple of visual oddities in MAP 13, pictured below. I guess this has to do with the nodebuilder? I'm playing with ZDoom 2.8.1, so feel free to disregard if this works in GZDoom's current version (and also feel free to chide me on my source port of choice). 

More importantly, the red key didn't lower in MAP 31 for some reason. Again, this happened on ZDoom. (I might have just done something out of order, but I'm locked in the room with cyberdemon...the pillar lowered, it just didn't bring the key with it).

I think those are 14, and it seems it's nodebuilder problem and it should be addressed in the next build.

The Map31 one is weird... I don't remember this happening in the recent few playthroughs. Will probably dig around and see whether it's a problem based on sourceports. Should ask one more question regarding this, is this consistent, or it just happens once for a while?

Edited by GarrettChan

46 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

I think those are 14, and it seems it's nodebuilder problem and it should be addressed in the next build.

The Map31 one is weird... I don't remember this happening in the recent few playthroughs. Will probably dig around and see whether it's a problem based on sourceports. Should ask one more question regarding this, is this consistent, or it just happens once for a while?

I'm sorry, yes, MAP 14, my brain is scrambled. I only played MAP 31 up until the red key thing happened, so I have yet to see if it's a consistent issue. I did have a similar thing happen when I played Auger Zenith though, a bulk cell didn't lower in one of the secrets, but that's the only other instance I've seen of it.

8 minutes ago, MtPain27 said:

I only played MAP 31 up until the red key thing happened

No problem, take your time for this. Just making sure we're on the same page. There should be switch in front the red skull key platform, when you press it, it is supposed to lower the switch and the platform. 

From your side, only the switch goes down, yet the red key platform stays up there right? Or the platform also goes down, but the red key is somehow floating? (I can't really interpret the screenshot completely)

Here's a video of MAP 32, I went right for the red key and replicated the issue. Around the 0:50 mark:

The key's getting caught on a floor height change up top (where the skull textures meet the white marble). Frankly I'm surprised it's not happening in vanilla; usually it's ZDoom that works and 'nilla that breaks for this particular bug.

Either way, we'll get it fixed up. Thanks there!

@Bucket I like these updates and I've always been a big fan of your music. Just wanted to put that on the record! Have never tired of listening to the old versions of these on loop during testing and the changes you've made are pretty seamless and great. TyraNt's Tomb and TyphoN ex Tartaros in particular. Thanks!

Man, I remember when this project was first announced and started - way back when I was just a lowly lurker, hahaha!
Insane to see this finally reach the light of day, even if it is a beta release. :) Will have to give this one a solid playthru when I've got the chance, screenies look great!

Side note - it's kinda wholesome to see mappers react to their old stuff that they've all but forgotten about, hahaha, what a time capsule!