Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marcaek

TNT 2: Devilution (Final beta released)

Yeah, I'm curious to know how this is going, Because i'm Super Stoked to play this. (I'm Also wondering how this will explain the Blue sky at the end of TNT)

Edited by Tycitron

We will be contacting interested testers within the week to do the first half of the set. Stay tuned.

I'm not very well versed in original TNT (played it awhile ago), but am enthusiastic about providing feedback about any other aspects: skill settings, supply balance, secrets, etc; without referencing the base TNT stuff. Wanna test this.

I still think it will be an absolute miracle if Devilution is released this year.

Hell yeah! i remember playing the Original Demos over and over again wishing some day it would be finished someday. (War Starts Here is still one of my favorite Midis)

Still interested in this, I'll probably be testing uv-max aspects of the maps. Will do a detailed feedback if I'm picked to test :)

On 9/17/2019 at 6:32 AM, Bob9001 said:

There is a truck in TNT Map 19 :)

Ty Halderman's truck!

On 10/13/2019 at 11:07 AM, Marcaek said:

We will be contacting interested testers within the week to do the first half of the set. Stay tuned.

Sorry for the bump but it has been nearly 2 weeks now and I am getting IMPatient ;).

I would also be down for testing this, I just need to know if I should leave the feedback here or send it through PMs. Let me know what would be most convenient.

We actually did end up getting the people we needed for testing, but I'm keeping notes in case anyone drops out.

13 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

Sorry for the bump but it has been nearly 2 weeks now and I am getting IMPatient ;).

I'm certainly not getting too excited about this and plus this project has been in development for over 10 years, this is what happens when mappers sign up and do nothing or run out of ideas. But I am sure we won't be waiting another 10 more years.

3 hours ago, Marcaek said:

We actually did end up getting the people we needed for testing, but I'm keeping notes in case anyone drops out.

Aww darn I was hoping to get picked :(

16 hours ago, pcorf said:

I'm certainly not getting too excited about this and plus this project has been in development for over 10 years, this is what happens when mappers sign up and do nothing or run out of ideas. But I am sure we won't be waiting another 10 more years.

This is Doomworld. As long as every contributor is still alive and every disk with a copy of the WAD has not yet been thrown into a volcano, we call that "Active Development".

See you in 2024.

Just realised this has been in development for over ten years now. Holy hell. Pun not intended.

Hope this WAD follows the direction team TNT had with their projects.
I mean an adventure with a lot of narrative enviroment and mistery in every turn. I hoped to see something of this in Revilution, too. But it just come as something more akind to modern mapset project with plutonia-esque difficult encounters and some TNT textures... And near nothing of what made TNT Evilution soo unique and different to the other wads of the same time.

Edited by P41R47

3 hours ago, P41R47 said:

I mean an adventure with a lot of narrative enviroment

Do you mind explaining what's a narrative environment? Thanks.

I suppose it's environmental story-telling. When you put in little details that don't have an impact on gameplay but give the feeling that things happened here, like clues and evidences around the scene of a crime.

For example, suppose you want to put a shotgun in a room. You can just drop a shotgun, sure. But you can also drop the shotgun next to a marine corpse, and perhaps place around some other pools of blood and demon corpses. Perhaps put some "damaged" versions of the texture around the scenes, the ones with bullet holes or burn marks or clawings. Then when the players arrives in the room, they're not just picking up a shotgun that was standing there because gameplay considerations said this was a good place to put a shotgun, they arrive at the scene of a battle and can pick up the weapon of a fallen warrior.

Or perhaps it's the key needing to progress further into the level that was brought to wherever it's found by someone who initiated lockdown when demons appeared in the base and then tried to flee but perhaps died from his wounds or perhaps some demons had already broken through and caught up with him. Okay so it's Doom and you're kind of limited to telling stories through laying out corpses, but it works!