Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Catpho

"BATHDOOM" by "Dieting Hippo"

Where seeing a new era of "my house" wads... my pimped up bath, for exigent ladies!

No, really, what is this all about?

19 hours ago, Catpho said:

1551809247868-Screen-Shot-2019-03-05-at-

This looks awesome!

There are a couple little details that bug me, probably more than they should.  If you put a vertex in the middle of the end of the tub, you could adjust the texture on the right of that vertex to make it look like the end of the tub was all one panel.  If you happen to be using UDMF, you could change the scale of the wallpaper to match to original.

Myhouse.wad, circa 2019..

Aesthetically unpleasant to the eyes tho. (The real life designer, I meant)

9 hours ago, Empyre said:

There are a couple little details that bug me, probably more than they should.  If you put a vertex in the middle of the end of the tub, you could adjust the texture on the right of that vertex to make it look like the end of the tub was all one panel.  If you happen to be using UDMF, you could change the scale of the wallpaper to match to original.

Hah, knew I forgot something! The tub was one of the first things I had put in and I forgot to fix up the textures on it.

I hadn't heard of UDMF before, but I'm going to look into using it on an old Space Station 13 map I was working on where scaling will really help with textures. For this map I kept it pretty simple and only used a few ZDoom-supported lumps for extra features. I've also been using Doom Builder 2 but when I added some new objects (showerheads, chandelier) they didn't display in the editor. Is there a way to get those to properly display in 3D view or show up in the things list?

1 hour ago, Dieting Hippo said:

Hah, knew I forgot something! The tub was one of the first things I had put in and I forgot to fix up the textures on it.

I hadn't heard of UDMF before, but I'm going to look into using it on an old Space Station 13 map I was working on where scaling will really help with textures. For this map I kept it pretty simple and only used a few ZDoom-supported lumps for extra features. I've also been using Doom Builder 2 but when I added some new objects (showerheads, chandelier) they didn't display in the editor. Is there a way to get those to properly display in 3D view or show up in the things list?

DoomBuilder2 (DB2) is no longer being developed, but there are 2 forks, one of which is now forked as well. I have not tried Doom Builder Z (DBZ), but as I understand it, it adds a few features while retaining the look and feel of DB.  GZDoom Builder (GZDB) has a lot of really nice features, but is also no longer developed.  GZDoom Builder Bugfix (GDBBF), which I use and recommend,  picks up where GZDoom Builder left off, adding more features as well as fixing bugs.

UDMF supports a loot more than texture scaling, like slopes and 3D floors and fancy lighting, and different texture alignment for lower, middle, and upper textures, and so much more.

To get your custom things into (GZ)DoomBuilder, add the wad (or pk3) with the custom stuff as a resource.  By default, they should appear in the User Defined folder at the bottom of the things list.  I know this works in GZDBBF and GZDB, but I don't know whether it works in DB2 or DBZ.