Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blackgoblinmagic

Eternal release date...i bet u...

Pfft, I'd expect it to be released on Halloween, but I doubt it.

Besides, just because Doom (2016) was released on Friday the 13th of May 2016, that doesn't mean Doom Eternal might be released on Friday the 13th of September or December as well.

On 3/8/2019 at 7:41 PM, DooM_RO said:

Because of RAGE2, it's going to be after May, that's for sure.

Because of RAGE2, it's going to be in 2020. 2019 is the year of RAGE2.

2 hours ago, igg said:

Because of RAGE2, it's going to be in 2020. 2019 is the year of RAGE2.

Heh, Bethesda/id PR said that 2019 was going to be the Year of Doom. 

1 hour ago, Man of Doom said:

Heh, Bethesda/id PR said that 2019 was going to be the Year of Doom. 

By releasing both games in the same year they'd split their traditional fanbase. The initial release is just the first step of a game product, followed by media specials, DLCs, community development and so on.

20 hours ago, StainlessSteel said:

It probably won't be out until 2020.  Lets be real here.

DOOM 2016 (that is, the version we got, not counting the work done on DOOM 4) took less than three years to develop. A 2019 release is totally plausible.

3 hours ago, igg said:

By releasing both games in the same year they'd split their traditional fanbase. The initial release is just the first step of a game product, followed by media specials, DLCs, community development and so on.

Eh, I don't know about that. I don't see why people couldn't have time for both games, especially since RAGE 2 is single-player only. At the very least, several months between it and DOOM Eternal will give it enough time to breath.

Bethesda posted about E3 and the Doom twitter said “Doom Eternal”, and that’s on June 9, so we should get more info then. 

Doom 2016 was released on a Friday so ...

Personally Friday releases are the best.

December 2nd was quake 3. I would think a late november or very very early december would make more sense. Maximize holiday profits.

Xbox was november 15th, and it seems like microsoft and google are kinda going at it wrt console wars- so likely the Google Console will be around this date and with it, DOOM Eternal.

It always seems to me like november is when the biggest game stuff comes out.

Also guys, "Doom Eternal"

Eternal: what number signifies this??

Number 21 – The Number Between Eternity and Time

6.21.2019, 09.21.2019, 12.12.19

12.12.19 is also a full moon and a Thursday, meaning Friday morning for the kids and adults to skip school and work to play the whole weekend.

This would be the latest for a 2019 release date.

Lets see:
RAGE 2 - May 14, 2019
E3 2019 - June 11 thru June 13

Wolfenstein Youngblood - July 26, 2019
Wolfenstein Cyberpilot - July 26, 2019

Beth will probably announce the release date during E3. Not wanting to cannibalize (second time using that word today) sales it will release very late 2019 or early to mid 2020.

So Doom 64 officially gets a multiplatform release, and a date too, same as Eternal, on top of being a pre-order bonus. Cool.

But damn, that's almost a full 5 months delay for Eternal.

Very disappointed by the delay of BOTH games (Eternal and 64) and unfortunately it releases the same month as the Final Fantasy VII Remake which is on the 2nd.  But including 64 as a pre-order bonus takes away some of the sting.

Hopefully this delay is to really polish and fix any bugs and not a way to cram MTX's into the game ala bethesdas greedy request. Coming from literally everything in the AAA gaming surf Doom Eternal is literally that last light of hope I see within this poo party of a industry. 

Least the release date is a day after my birthday so I know exactly what I'm getting with any gift cards I get next year :D 

Absolutly gutted to say the least however making DOOM 64 a bonus pre-order is a very awesome thing for Id to do. I guess if they need the time it's better than having any bugs and glitches on release.

10 minutes ago, DoomedFox said:

Hopefully this delay is to really polish and fix any bugs and not a way to cram MTX's into the game ala bethesdas greedy request. Coming from literally everything in the AAA gaming surf Doom Eternal is literally that last light of hope I see within this poo party of a industry. 

Least the release date is a day after my birthday so I know exactly what I'm getting with any gift cards I get next year :D 

3 days before my birthday