Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blackgoblinmagic

Eternal release date...i bet u...

" I know what I'm going to do next summer ! ! ! " :D 

It's great that they are committed to finetune and polish the product into as good as it can be, although it's a bit disappointing. I'm sure it will be worth the wait anyway! So I can spend the winter in actually finishing off my 2nd goatrance CD album instead of smashing demons in DE. I will anyway be slaying them in DOOM 2016 until Eternal comes out :D

I wonder though, what could be the reason for why it was delayed so much? I mean, a month or two sounds more reasonable, but 5? That's almost half a year, and sounds as if it's not-so-close-to-completion...

And why Doom 64 is basically held hostage as a pre-order bonus... Kind of a shame for "The Year of Doom", I guess we got Sigil and the Unity ports at the very least...

Yah Doom 64 should still come out this year regardless.  Give us some new skins as additional preorder bonus instead.

My guess is crunch time came knocking and the developers didn't want to live through that nightmare again from Doom 2016.

That's a good sign. Almost every Bethesda game in the last year's was unpolished and buggy. I always preferred id Softwares "when it's done" policy :-)

Well, it was 12 years between Doom 3 and D2016.

I think I can manage waiting an additional 5 months. Glad to see id taking the necessary time to ensure the game delivers.

So far, a lot of things look good and only some stuff like how the Pain Elemental plays is what i think is lame but if they're going to polish the game further, then that's good.

I just realised March 20 may also be the date for the DE artbook.

Also, i wonder if someone's going to make a DE mod for classic Doom just because. (IF they look at the available info about the game and make it somewhat polished, since Doom Eternal XP seems to carry a whole different concept)

Spoiler

Also, whether or not someone's going to find a way to make this about Smash.

On 3/11/2019 at 12:11 AM, StainlessSteel said:

It probably won't be out until 2020.  Lets be real here.

haHA this tweet aged very well.

I'm upset but not disappointed!  If they are spending more time on the game that's a good thing, and DOOM 64 being released EVERYWHERE is also very very good. 

In another universe Doom Eternal was released on November 22, and it ended up being buggy, unpolished, and overall not as good.

In all seriousness one of my favorite things about Id Software is how they are willingly to take time to make sure their products are finished and up to the standards that people expect from them. Not mention I also think that it is crucial that the developers also have fun making the game and not have to stress about meeting a deadline.

Spoiler

Unfortunately this means it won't be releasing near my birthday, but that is just a minor inconvenience.

Also:

wlai21i9tbr31.png.5df5ab7848eba291305c821e88d6c085.png

23 minutes ago, Hunting4r2d2 said:

In another universe Doom Eternal was released on November 22, and it ended up being buggy, unpolished, and overall not as good.

In all seriousness one of my favorite things about Id Software is how they are willingly to take time to make sure their products are finished and up to the standards that people expect from them. Not mention I also think that it is crucial that the developers also have fun making the game and not have to stress about meeting a deadline.

The sad thing is this behavior from developers is becoming the exception, not the norm. 

41 minutes ago, Hunting4r2d2 said:

Also:

wlai21i9tbr31.png.5df5ab7848eba291305c821e88d6c085.png

IMHO, Miyamoto-san should have rephrased that after DNF got delayed so long and turned out to be a mediocre game...

Man, so many people bitch about delays, it’s kind of stunning. I think the moans and gripes of millions of players would be too much to handle if I was a key developer for a big name studio... The global whining would be like an addictive hilarious drug, I’d just keep laughing and nothing would ever get released.

Seriously, pan to the alternate universe where the game got rushed out and watch the exact same army of people still complaining away. You just can’t win with some. I know a few people are kinda kidding with their complaints but all the people who think a game needs to be played at a certain time and date to be enjoyed to it’s fullest are cray cray

2 hours ago, HavoX said:

IMHO, Miyamoto-san should have rephrased that after DNF got delayed so long and turned out to be a mediocre game...

That taking note that you don't change developers :B

Hopefully they take this time to...

• Rework the Arch-Vile design... the rocky armored carapace looks dumb and I prefer the emaciated look of the original.
  • There has to be a better design for the Slayer Hunter... flying mechademon with a chainsaw hand? I drew shit like that in my 8th grade health notebook.
  • Replace the fat corpse with spider legs with something more like the cherub from Doom 3, it was far more creative.

I've always had a slight reservation in the back of my brain that's worried they will take the campy nature of the first game and take it too far. There was still a seriousness about Doom2016 that I hope isn't lost in the "DEWMSLAYUR!" attitude of Eternal.

3 hours ago, seed said:

And why Doom 64 is basically held hostage as a pre-order bonus

A marketing tactic I think. 

Also, speaking of which, I'm now officially concerned about unofficial, source port-based Doom 64 PC ports. Hopefully the rerelease will have map/mod support.

9 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

A marketing tactic I think. 

Also, speaking of which, I'm now officially concerned about unofficial, source port-based Doom 64 PC ports. Hopefully the rerelease will have map/mod support.

They'll be fine me thinks, we should stop being paranoid.

The re-release will most certainly have mod support: The original EX had a map editor too.

Well at least this will give me some time to possibly get a new PC, or start saving up for new parts to build one (although i highly doubt it as i haven't even started looking). If they need more time to fully finish the game as well as polish it that's fine with me. I have plenty of Doom pwads to play in the meantime.

Also it's great that Doom 64 is finally getting an official release on other consoles and PC. I don't really pre-order anything anymore (i only ever did once) so i'll probably have to pay for it separately, if it's any good that is.

A four month delay one month before the release? I smell purely business related reasons behind that decision.

2 hours ago, Scuba Steve said:

• Rework the Arch-Vile design... the rocky armored carapace looks dumb and I prefer the emaciated look of the original.
  • There has to be a better design for the Slayer Hunter... flying mechademon with a chainsaw hand? I drew shit like that in my 8th grade health notebook.
  • Replace the fat corpse with spider legs with something more like the cherub from Doom 3, it was far more creative.

I've always had a slight reservation in the back of my brain that's worried they will take the campy nature of the first game and take it too far. There was still a seriousness about Doom2016 that I hope isn't lost in the "DEWMSLAYUR!" attitude of Eternal.

That battle is already lost. In a recent interview they literally talked about how gore in Eternal is a cartoony Tex Avery stuff on purpose. Seriousness is not cool these days, everything has to be funny.

Why do I get the feeling that the delay is more about the competition with any games being released around the same time.

2 hours ago, Super Mighty G said:

I very much doubt that. 

It most certainly will since it's more than likely based off of EX, which does have a map editor.

10 hours ago, Scuba Steve said:

I don't mind the general enemy designs but i do agree on the whacky mood and the idea of the Doomguy being super OP, which then makes me worry about how enemies play, since Doom 2016 had an alright enemy roster, even when considering some potential improvements.

I do think the art style has the issue of "too much fucking detail" visual noise which might explain any technical problems in the engine.

Also, the Archvile didn't come with the mouth tubes.

Also, speaking of the Pewter figurines (which did gave Archvile the mouth tubes), i wonder if they ever thought of basing collectibles in the game based off real Doom merchandise.

Like this snowboard with an unique Doom artwork.

doomsnowboard.jpg

The remainder of my year is officially ruined. Not only is the one single game I gave any molecule of a shit about slipping to the standard-issue delayed game month, but the one game that could have filled the void is slipping with it. DE is now dangerously close to CP77 and I'm concerned that could potentially hurt it.

As an entity, March needs to be cancelled.

The people who complained about Bugthesda should be very happy about this decision. 

id have their own engine. They have largely sidestepped the Bethesda curse, outside of Doom 16 having a few devconsole and SLi issues at launch.