Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MarekKRK

Brutal Doom crashes before intermission screen

I have recently played through TNT with Brutal Doom v20b without any problems. Now Brutal Doom freezes after Plutonia map 6 Baron's Lair, right before the intermission screen. When I load map 7 with idclev, the game works correctly. I went back to TNT and tested level 6, now the game freezes after completing that level too.

I am not sure what is causing this change in behaviour. I have not updated Brutal Doom itself. GZDoom itself might have been updated by Ubuntu, but intermission screens work correctly without Brutal Doom. I am currently running GZDoom version 3.2.5 on Linux. nVidia drivers have recently been upgraded. Perhaps this is the root cause of the problem?

Any ideas how to fix the problem? Is it possible to to somehow disable intermission screens?

Make sure to have latest version of BD (which is v21 RC8). If problem still exists, go to Brutal Doom's forum on moddb and report the bug there:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/forum

For bugs in Brutal Doom:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/forum/board/bug-reporting

For Extermination Day bugs:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/forum/board/bug-reporting-extermination-day

Also try using the latest version of GZdoom (which is 3.7.2) and see if problem still exists or not.

Thanks, upgrading GZDoom to 3.7.2 fixed the intermission problem. Unfortunately, this version apparently changes save format (again) which means I will have to replay Plutonia from the very beginning.

6 minutes ago, MarekKRK said:

Thanks, upgrading GZDoom to 3.7.2 fixed the intermission problem. Unfortunately, this version apparently changes save format (again) which means I will have to replay Plutonia from the very beginning.

Get used to that whenever there is a GZDoom update. Too much changes under the hood to make save games compatible for more than maybe a very minor change.

20 hours ago, MarekKRK said:

Or type 

map mapXX

in console (where XX is the number of your map eg map map08)

58 minutes ago, eviltechno said:

Or type 

map mapXX

in console (where XX is the number of your map eg map map08)

I am aware of idclev, but did not want a pistol start.

45 minutes ago, MarekKRK said:

There's the changemap command for that, that keeps all your inventory.

17 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

There's the changemap command for that, that keeps all your inventory.

Now this I did not know. Does it just take you to the next map in sequence?

11 minutes ago, Korozive said:

Now this I did not know. Does it just take you to the next map in sequence?

Nope. You can specify any map. If you're in MAP07 and you feed it changemap MAP22, it will give you an intermission and go to that map as if it were next. 

1 hour ago, MarekKRK said:

BTW, it would be quite a challenge to start Caughtyard with just a pistol on UV.

11 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

Nope. You can specify any map. If you're in MAP07 and you feed it changemap MAP22, it will give you an intermission and go to that map as if it were next. 

This changes everything.   MMUUAAAHHHHAAAA

2 hours ago, Korozive said:

This changes everything.   MMUUAAAHHHHAAAA

Don't get eaten by the Grue.

I do not know this Grue. O_o

This changemap command will be so helpful. Sometimes playing certain megawads or group of wads a map becomes so frustrating, like a switch hunt or unable to find the exit and I just want to move on. I hate doing pistol starts late in wads when difficulties start to ramp up.

Edited by Korozive