Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
memes4lyfe

THE POWER LEVELS FOR DOOM 2!

so, what do you guys think of the monster test map? it's available to download on the first post. it is a single map with custom monsters, courtesy of TDRR, made in dehacked. it also contains a .deh file you can load into chocolate doom. but you MIGHT be able to load in dosbox if youre smart enough.

1 hour ago, memes4lyfe said:

but you MIGHT be able to load in dosbox if youre smart enough.

It's possible to do, you just need Doom 2 1.9 (or maybe 1.666 works too?) Dehacked 3.1 or 3.0a, and install the patch using the GUI in case you don't know how to do it using command-line.

But we aren't cavemen anymore, just use Chocolate Doom because it's the very same and you waste less time fiddling with other programs to load a mod or something.

EDIT: Oh and you should place the Chainsaw marine in ambushes as that's what they excel at. Place them where the player would least expect them to come from, and whoever isn't paying attention to the sounds or surroundings, could easily have their back sawn-off!

If you want me to change something in their behavior (Health, running speed or rate of fire) you can tell me and i will change it.

Edited by -TDRR-

12 minutes ago, -TDRR- said:

It's possible to do, you just need Doom 2 1.9 (or maybe 1.666 works too?) Dehacked 3.1 or 3.0a, and install the patch using the GUI in case you don't know how to do it using command-line.

But we aren't cavemen anymore, just use Chocolate Doom because it's the very same and you waste less time fiddling with other programs to load a mod or something.

do i just press W in the application? please explain in a step-by-step format. i need clarification.

TDRR, how do I prevent chocolate doom from crashing every time I fire the plasma rifle? development cannot continue until this bug is fixed.

by that, I mean that the .deh file has a bug where the game crashes every time the plasmagun is fired. is there a way to fix this?

9 hours ago, memes4lyfe said:

TDRR, how do I prevent chocolate doom from crashing every time I fire the plasma rifle? development cannot continue until this bug is fixed.

He would see this message if you press @and type person's name here. He would get mention and could help you faster much as he can. Until solution will be provided, you can just not use deh and continue on mapping. 

@memes4lyfe If you have as many questions and want to chat as frequently as you do about your mod, might I suggest joining a Doom related Discord?

Bumping your own thread by posting four times in a row isn't really very good forum etiquette.

oh. Okay. But i cant really do discord at the moment. I dont think it is very quick to set up. Unless i am mistaken.

On 6/13/2019 at 8:06 PM, memes4lyfe said:

This is a mistake i made, i thought the Plasma Rifle's flash states were unused (Because Whacked4 labeled them like that) so once you fire the Plasma Rifle you either:

1- Become controlled by monster AI

2- Crash the game

99% of the time the second once happens.

Anyways, i can't fix it right now but i will post here a fix when i can.

thanks man. you saved me from not being able to continue development. as a reward, have some free doom memes:

(not my creation. i do not own this. it's just a fan video. ha ha. now you cant sue me!)

On 3/9/2019 at 9:44 PM, memes4lyfe said:

an idea for map21

this map will introduce custom monsters like the plasma marine, rocket marine, and chainsaw marine. this is only a test. as I said, I'm taking a break from mapping. this is only to showcase the new monsters. you will need to use chocolate doom and use the -file and -deh commands in a shortcut to get the monsters to show up.

no. this is NOT a beta. so while you're waiting, you can try to kill all the marines without dying to possibly prepare yourself for the future.

map21.zip

Import the .deh file into the wad and rename the lump DEHACKED so source port users dont have to load the .deh seperately pls

2 hours ago, memes4lyfe said:

@-TDRR- the chainsaw marine is not fast enough. could you increase the speed?

Movement speed, or attack speed?

Okay, now the Chainsaw Marine is faster, but i will warn you, his movement is way jerkier. He can't move any faster now because if i were to increase his speed, he would start going through walls so this is as fast as he can get.

emarinesv3.zip