Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

Cant add monsters to my Wad

Question

So, hello guys. Im building up my 2nd WAd, and after building up my map, i went to SLADE and followed up youtube video from Chubzdoomer to customize my monsters, but still, its not working...In GZDOOM im using BOOM:Doom2 (Doom format)...its something to do with that? Glad any help...

3 answers to this question

When you say GZDoom, do you actually mean GZDoom, or do you mean GZDoom Builder?

If you are making this for GZDoom, use UDMF (you could use Doom in Hexen, but that is outdated and limited compared to UDMF).  then your custom monsters made with DECORATE or ZScript should be available to put in your map, provided that you gave them DoomEd numbers.

If you are mapping for Boom, you will need to use DEHACKED to make your monsters, and you would place the standard monsters in your map, which would then be replaced by the custom monsters when it is played.

On 3/12/2019 at 11:00 PM, Empyre said:

When you say GZDoom, do you actually mean GZDoom, or do you mean GZDoom Builder?

If you are making this for GZDoom, use UDMF (you could use Doom in Hexen, but that is outdated and limited compared to UDMF).  then your custom monsters made with DECORATE or ZScript should be available to put in your map, provided that you gave them DoomEd numbers.

If you are mapping for Boom, you will need to use DEHACKED to make your monsters, and you would place the standard monsters in your map, which would then be replaced by the custom monsters when it is played.

Hello, yes i meant GZDOOM Builder...i dont understand why i cant add custom monsters..needing some help here...

On 3/12/2019 at 11:00 PM, Empyre said:

i GOT IT...so simple...thanks man ;)